Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
replica arrow head
are these right arrow heads? I've never seen them before, at least NOT in the Roman era. and have searched for it in Bishop & Coulston's Roman military equipment but did not find it.

Arrow-Point 6,00 EUR
incl. 19 % Tax excl.Shipping costs
Product No.: 0230
Print product data sheet

[Image: 529_0.jpg]

Pfeilspitze aus Eisen. Wurden entgegen des Namens hauptsächlich zur Jagd auf Großwild und auch im Krieg verwendet. Durch die Form führte auch ein nicht sofort tödlicher Treffer meist zum Tode durch verbluten. ø Tülle ca. 0,8 - 0,9 cm. Ca. 4,3 cm lang. 1 Stück
Yves Goris
Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis
Reburrus
Cohors VII Raetorum Equitata (subunit of Legio XI CPF)
vzw Legia
Flanders
i have a question regarding this one too. it appears to me that the cage of the fire arrowhead in B&C's Roman Military Equipment has 3 'sticks' while this one has 4. is this right?

Fire Point 10,00 EUR
incl. 19 % Tax excl.Shipping costs
Product No.: 0979
Print product data sheet

[Image: 527_0.jpg]

Pfeilspitze aus Eisen, ca. 10,5 cm lang, Tüllendurchmesser innen ca. 9 mm. 1 Stück
Yves Goris
Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis
Reburrus
Cohors VII Raetorum Equitata (subunit of Legio XI CPF)
vzw Legia
Flanders
I understand the top arrow headsto be a bird hunting head, but could be wrong.
Apart from that I cannot recall if they were in use that far back offhand.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
You can find both of these models and more at [url:4d9pmysg]http://www.sevenmeadowsarchery.com[/url].
Hungarian Bowyer that specializes in steppe paraphernalia.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
I have had a look at the website collection of arrowheads and have not found any to resemble Roman military arrowheads with the exception of the two socketed bodkins, although the heavy bodkin has a head too small. I have visited Xanten museum, who have an excellent and extensive collection of arrowheads on display. They are extremely difficult to fotograph, though Sad . Saalburg also has a good display of military arrowheads. Museum het Valkhof has only one Roman arrowhead on display ( a tanged trilobate, like the ones I peddle) BUT is well worth visiting for all you coming over for the Roman Festival next weekend for its extensive glass and domestic goods. Good spearpoints and some excellent lockets, too.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Caesar\'s Ghost...uh, Head, I mean Head Frank Miranda 4 2,924 02-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Uwe Bahr