Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing of Frankish warrior with francisca
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find a reconstruction drawing of a Frankish warrior with a francisca?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Osprey's "Germanic Warrior 236 - 568" by Simon MacDowell and Angus McBride has a reconstruction plate depicting a Frankish Warrior based on typical grave finds as gear. Plate L is a full color representation from 6th Century A.D.
Good Luck!
They are Bitmap Images that I have not figured out how to post yet. Any clues?

I sent the pics. You've got Mail! The pictures not the armor :twisted:
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Hello

We have included a picture of two frankish warriors circa 450 in the first issue of DESPERTA FERRO magazine. Free download from: www.despertaferro-ediciones.com

Hope you like it.
"nos Celtis genitos et ex Hiberis" - Marcial, Epigrammata, IV, 55.

Blossio/Alberto Pérez
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.despertaferro-ediciones.com">www.despertaferro-ediciones.com
If memory serves me correctly (though it rarely does,these days),wasn't there a colour plate in Osprey's,Rome's Enemies (2),Germanics and Dacians,depicting 3 Franks,in "native" dress,one of whom was wielding a francisca?.
Iain Victory is Mine..stewie griffin
Wow Alberto, the pics look superb Confusedhock: . Who is the illustrator, if I may ask?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:Wow Alberto, the pics look superb Confusedhock: . Who is the illustrator, if I may ask?

Hello Jyrki

Glad you like them!
He´s a young spanish artist, José Daniel Cabera Peña, who will be working with DESPERTA FERRO. I think he´s one of the best illustrators I have come by!
"nos Celtis genitos et ex Hiberis" - Marcial, Epigrammata, IV, 55.

Blossio/Alberto Pérez
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.despertaferro-ediciones.com">www.despertaferro-ediciones.com
Great, thanks!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Thanks Alberto!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]