Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeology of Spain
As I hope to visit Andalusia next year, I am looking for a good archaeological travel guide. The stress is on archaeology; I need maps of sites. Which books are the best? (I can understand Spanish if I read it slowly.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hi Jona ! Smile .....PM sent....
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
I use the 60CSx GPS from Garmin. The software is very good (added cost). It will take you to Carteia ( the first) and Italica (where you could take pictures of Roman Villas.)
:lol: et al.
Drank from the spring flowing today as it did yesterday
Why waist any time with faces of Eris?
The rebirth of Algea happens not in discussions but in rumble… Turning; revolutions.
I inspire myself in the poems of love; loving perfect kisses… incredible kisses
So I leave you with your progeny: Ignavia, Otia and Silentia.
Manuel.
Quote:I am looking for a good archaeological travel guide.
Please let us know if you find one, Jona.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Greetings!

As far as I know, there is a book about it: Arqueological guide of Spain, from James M. Anderson (in spanish: Ed. Alianza)

But specifically from Andalusia, can't tell you. I know several places there, Italica (Seville) Baelo Claudio (Cádiz) Acinipo (Ronda la Vieja) Carteia (Cádiz) Corduba (Córdoba) Munigua (Seville)...

Try also in the websites of some museums, sometimes they can arrange a touristic visit to certain sites.

Good luck!
David P. Sandoval
(Ludi Laietani - Athenea Promakhos)
Quote:Hi Jona ! Smile .....PM sent....
I got it! Thanks. Very useful, those sights and museums to see. That's something now dealt with most adequately, and to some extent, it is better than the book I was looking for. Yet, does someone know a book?
Jona Lendering
My website
Alexandre de Laborde: Voyage historique et pittoresque en Espagne, 4 volumes, 1807

You won't find there the latest McDonalds though. :wink:
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
Hi,

have a look to the official website of Andalucia region:

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/cultura/museos/index.jsp (link to the different museums in Andalucia).

In http://www.juntadeandalucia.es you can find all the information related to the activities, culture, agenda of the region.

Hoe can help

Cheers
Niccoletta
Niccoletta
- Cuius aures veritati clausae sunt, ut ab amico verum audire nequeat, huius salus despernada est-
Quote:have a look to the official website of Andalucia region:
Thanks!
Jona Lendering
My website
And Merida. It is in EStremadura, near of Andalucia, about 1'5 hours with car from Seville. It is a wonderful museum with a great roman theatre.
Julio