Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Days Update June 4-6
It's about two weeks until Roman Days in MD. I need to get a head count for meals and planning the camp. If you are coming and have not either talked to me, or updated the Wiki, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me here or update the wiki at: [url:ltkkbhg7]http://romandays.wikispaces.com/[/url].

Legio II, are you guys coming back?

New for this year is an invasion of the IHOP on Sunday AM, a cool new location, a unit of Byzantines, and more targets...er Celts.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
La Wren's Nest will be at Roman Days in Maryland this year. However, we will only be there on Sunday as we have a previous engagement in New Jersey on Saturday. We will have the new Deepeeka belts with us (AH6725), some clothing and accessories, such as wax tablets, etc.

If you plan on attending Roman Days and are looking for something specific from us, please let us know ahead of time so that we can have it picked up. We will not be able to get to Gift's warehouse ourselves but will be sending a representative for us some time during the week. We would need to know by at least Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

We're looking forward to the place and the return of Roman Days. See you there!

Julie Brooks
La Wren's Nest
Julia Cassia
aka Julie Brooks
La Wren\'s Nest
YAY!!! Roman Daze!

Big Grin

The infamous few of the Mighty Third are looking to come down. We won't be able to stay the whole day on Sunday, unfortunately, and, our Centurio will be barking orders in a another language up in Reading PA that weekend. if ONLY these two events were geographically closer...Oh, what fun!
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Soul of the Warrior will be there all weekend, and I am pretty sure you know that Deb. Ellen, myself and our son. We'll be dressed out, but she will be running the tent.

Like LaWrens, if you need something specific let us know and I will bring it. We are trying to fly light on this trip. Look forward to seeing you all.

Rusty
As I mentioned on the RD list, thanks to everyone that came out!! It was crappy hot and we almost got struck by lightening but I think the event was a success!! And thanks to Jasper for the special guest appearance!!

It's not too early to start planning for next year!! :mrgreen:
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
YEAH! We of Leg. III (And Coh I Pannoniorum) had a good time, as always...Despite the soupy heat and humidity.

so glad to hear everyone got into shelter and such before the nasty storm hit, that was nuts!
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Quote:YEAH! We of Leg. III (And Coh I Pannoniorum) had a good time, as always...Despite the soupy heat and humidity

The Summer's only gotten hotter and more humid. Glad we didn't do it any later. I don't venture out of my house when it hits 100! I don't see how the guys in Texas do any events outside of January.

Quote:so glad to hear everyone got into shelter and such before the nasty storm hit, that was nuts!

Seriously!! How many units have TORNADO drills? Confusedhock:

Save the dates for next year - May 14-15!!! (Tentative but it's looking pretty good at this point.)
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
Hmm. How do you hold your scutum for a tornado drill? :?:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Days 2007, 2-3 June Lepidina 3 1,772 06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Legio XX Roman Days June 2-3, Marietta Mansion, Maryland richsc 5 2,301 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dan Diffendale
  Roman festival June 17th-18th June Musivarius 0 1,368 06-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Musivarius