It could be the one by Terry Nix

http://www.niximperial.biz/c1_5.html
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
I'm not sure what the helmet is made of but I don't think it's brass. It looks like the one from Nix Imperial. Either way, I absolutely love it.
Scott B.
If it is the Nix helmet a limited number were done with gold and silver plating. I was thinking of this one:
[url:3854r0gn]http://www.ancientsculpturegallery.com/helmets.html[/url]
Peter Raftos
Some time ago there was one of these helmets for sale in the marketplace topic, don't know if it is still available.
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Here is a photo after I was shot with an arrow while wearing the armor:
Scott B.
The shot is well done for center mass. Confusedhock:
I have tested a three layer piece I made myself. I turned them into bracers though now I know that they aren't part of any Hoplite Kit. They are very good for wooden sword training and I plan to add some metal splints as further protection. I also used a scrap left over as padding for a shield strap.

What size and type of bows/arrows did you use and at what distance did you fire. I have a diagram made up for my Linothorax but I am strapped for cash unfortunately. I daydream about breaking it in using it as motorcycle armor. The Corinthian helmet would certainly turn a few heads. :lol:
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Quote:The shot is well done for center mass. Confusedhock:
I have tested a three layer piece I made myself. I turned them into bracers though now I know that they aren't part of any Hoplite Kit. They are very good for wooden sword training and I plan to add some metal splints as further protection. I also used a scrap left over as padding for a shield strap.

What size and type of bows/arrows did you use and at what distance did you fire. I have a diagram made up for my Linothorax but I am strapped for cash unfortunately. I daydream about breaking it in using it as motorcycle armor. The Corinthian helmet would certainly turn a few heads. :lol:

We used a number of different bows and arrows. The bows (four in total) were both compound and recurve, and were tested at 25, 45, 55, and 65 lbs of pull. The arrowheads used, made of both bronze and iron, both hand-forged and cast, were replicas of those that are currently in museums. We tested about a dozen arrowheads. They had wooden shafts and natural feather fletchings. Each bow was tested with each arrow at a number of different lengths and against about a dozen different test patches of linen constructed in a number of ways.

The arrow that hit me (in the picture) was fired from our weakest bow, 25 lbs, and at a distance of about 7 feet. The shot was purely for dramatic effect and entertainment reasons. But let me tell you, starring right at a bowman less than 10 feet away about to fire an arrow straight at your chest definitely gets the adrenaline flowing! I was shot at a total of four times, and the last one finally stuck but did not penetrate to my skin (thankfully)! Big Grin
Scott B.
About the linothorax, Beautiful work !!!!!!!!!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:About the linothorax, Beautiful work !!!!!!!!!!

M.VIB.M.

Thank you so much! It was a bother and joy to complete the armor. What is even better is that it is 'battle-tested'; this exact armor was shot a number of times (I think 4 or 5) from very close range (about 3 meters) with a bow and arrow. And not to mention while I was wearing the armor. I did not feel a thing and the armor (only 15 layers thick) withheld beautifully! (I thank my lucky stars!)
Scott B.