Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De belli Parthici Crassiani fontibus
Hello,

Just wanted to ask if perhaps someone happens to have Regling's dissertation "De belli Parthici Crassiani fontibus" in electronic format? It appeared in 1899, so it should now be in public domain, methinks. The publication is allegedly digitised by Google, but doesn't seem to be available for download.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings
Alexandr
I expect you have his article from Klio 7 (1907)?
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Sure. That one is even available for download. But it's not the same thing. On many places in the Klio article Regling refers to his dissertation in footnotes.
This is part of google's copyright policy. Many downloads are blocked for European states but available in the USA.

You will need somebody from the US to download this for you (assuming that this is legal in the USA and your country of origin).
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
Oh, I didn't know that! Thank you very, very much for this extremely useful information, Jens. Problem solved. Big Grin
Quote:This is part of google's copyright policy. Many downloads are blocked for European states but available in the USA.

You will need somebody from the US to download this for you (assuming that this is legal in the USA and your country of origin).

That's not strictly true. An 1899 text is probably out of the death+70 rule - most texts scanned by Google in US and Canadian libraries ultimately end up on archive.org (von Domaszewski's Rangordunung is a case in point) and it might have more to do with the policies of the library concerned (in this case Harvard). It was scanned in 2008 and the fact there are not even snippets (or whatever they call them), and the observation that there are some texts from Harvard UL at archive.org, suggests Google either haven't got round to posting it or there is some doubt about the date of Regling's death.

In short, don't give up yet and check archive.org regularly.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:In short, don't give up yet and check archive.org regularly.
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your comments. As Jens noted before, the text really is accessible from the US, so a US proxy quickly solved my problem. Now I'm waiting for weekend and some free time to have a look Smile

Again, thank you all for your help!

Alexandr