Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Legio XX, you have some \'splaining to do!!
Seen at Marching Through Time last weekend in MD:

[Image: 4535587525_8b141bd932.jpg]

They should know better than to leave the Celts in charge of the camp. :mrgreen:
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
Shhhh! You'll ruin the plan! The "Eagle" is actually a very well trained homing pigeon. Once they are all asleep after toasting their victory, it will fly back to bring it's mate back to the nest in the enemy camp. Each will be holding one end of a spool of thread which the Legion will follow to extract real Roman justice for a sham defeat. I just hope the brutes don't eat the bird first. :lol:
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Yeah, you can't trust no one these days, eh? That's not our eagle, by the way, it belongs to Legio XXIV, but it is our signum and camp. My helmet, too, though decidedly NOT my skull!

Aside from a few *minor* glitches such as this, it was a nice weekend!

Valete,

Matthew
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Quote: My helmet, too,
What's a LATE ROMAN helmet doing in the hands of a Celt?? A fallacy of history!! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:What's LATE ROMAN helmet doing in the hands of a Celt?? A fallacy of history!! Big Grin
No no no. The late Romans had excavated ancient Celtic helmets, and because they had no museums back then, they decided to reuse them.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Wish I could have been there this year!

Tanc
Alas for the Celts, they were having so much fun at the Roman camp that they left their own camp unattended...

[Image: IMG_1555.jpg]

...only to have it overrun by Hellenistic Thracians! (it was a multi-time period event after all :lol: )
Dan Zeidler
Legio XX
Yeah, but you Thracians didn't get that nifty Eagle thingy.
Quote:Alas for the Celts, they were having so much fun at the Roman camp that they left their own camp unattended...

...only to have it overrun by Hellenistic Thracians! (it was a multi-time period event after all :lol: )

We weren't worried about you. After all, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. :wink:
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX