Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch for Volcano scams on the internet
Dear Friends I am stuck in _____________ and need money for hotel room bus fare etc. Send it by Western union or other untraceable means.
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
That's an old scam. In similar cases, always step back, count to ten and consider the likelihood that you're being scammed. Is it directed to you, by name, and to your email address only? Is it signed by someone you know, with their actual name, do you know that they were going to be there? Are there obvious signs of something fishy, like an improbable story, or asking for - Hello Red Flag! - money via untraceable means? These 'Nigerian' scams or varieties thereof play on a lack of common sense. On the internet, you're a walking ATM if you check that at the door!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
How many people in the ancient Roman empire would have tried scamming others after the Pompeii eruption........ i wonder...

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
'Spare a shekel for an old ex-resident of Pompeii...'
'Did you say ex-resident of Pompeii?'
'That's right, sir. There I was minding my own business, when up comes the mountain and destroys the whole place. Not so much a by your leave.'
:mrgreen:
(The mangled quote is from....?)
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Famous words at Pompeii " Hey Pliny can we borrow one of your boats will send the money when we get to Capri honest "
Brian Stobbs
Says Pliny: "Wot? That's state property, those SHIPS!"
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Reply "TITUS would not mind I'm sure his dad was the tight one on the money"
Brian Stobbs
Titus was dead anyway by the time the audit was made. :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quite dead..
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:These 'Nigerian' scams or varieties thereof play on a lack of common sense. On the internet, you're a walking ATM if you check that at the door!

This is the latest one I received. I thought I'd share its excellent English with you all. :lol:

"Dear Friend,

Good day.

I have some information for you about your unpaid fund, the people you are dealing with is not the original bank, why can't you deal with the bank instead of sending money to people to help you get your fund, I have their Direct Contact Information and I can direct you to the proper office/Bank where you can get paid than to be wasting your time and money.

And just bear it in mind that all this money you have been sending would have completed your payment transmission before now. Email me back only on this email samuelagbala*at*hosanna.net

Waiting to hear from you if you needed my assistance.

Regards,

Barr. Samuel Agbala"

Needless to say, I have been in touch with "Barr. Samuel Agbala", and given him my postal address, telephone number, bank account details, PINs, credit card details and national insurance number. For good measure, just so he knew who I was, I sent him my passport as well. I should be receiving a cheque in the post soon for $26,334,688. He swore that on his mother's grave. :roll: :lol:
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
http://www.419eater.com/

:twisted:

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2nd bigger volcano may shut down ALL airtravel jkaler48 33 5,067 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Icelandic Volcano: Final Nail in coffin for trip to Rome! Gaius Julius Caesar 37 5,012 04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius