Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Gaius Julius Caesar/Byron Angel
Hi Byron
I was watching a DVD last night, and the usual blurb came on about not watching the film in public venues such as oilrigs (without permission). Anyway, I thought of you, as I think you work on a rig (from references on your posts). Anyway, I have wondered since I was a small boy (and first read that notice) why film companies would care if films were shown on oilrigs,and why permission is necessary? Can you answer the question, and put me out of my misery? Confusedhock: Thanks!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Welll, many years ago, we used to get our movies/films on reel to reel film, and they were rented from a supplier.
I'm not sure if the switch over to video and DVD had any bearing on that blurb, as I have seen them on some, and not on others.
Most installations have a collection of DVD's usually bought from the rig fund, which is usually raised by the work force them selves, so
I wonder how the film companies can decide we cannot watch something we have paid for? We don't charge admission fees for watching the film.....

I know that has not cleared up your question, but basically, I don't know.... Smile Someone once mentioned something about the US oilfield, but I cannot recall for sure....

I'll see if I can find out something.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks! I wonder if you have already answered the question by saying that you used to rent the films from a supplier - so maybe other forms of film were prohibited? It's an odd one, especially as I thought (and you confirmed) that there are loads of DVDs on board, which everyone watches!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WOW Cajus Julius Caesar is back in politics ... Tiberius Clodius Corvinus 3 1,653 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  New Film on Julius Caesar...Sort of... Narukami 6 1,809 08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Magnus
  Julius Caesar & The DaVinci Code Gaius Julius Quartus 10 2,805 06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS