Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Facebook connect
Hi all,
It is/may soon be possible to connect this forum with your Facebook account. That'd mean that when you're logged into FB and signed up to this App, you're automatically logged into RAT as well (or with the click of a button). It doesn't work the other way around though!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
As long as you still can use it separately, I would say it only adds features. But yeah, I like the interface of phpBB, so I'll probably remain using both in their own tab.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hmmm, need to clarify: this forum would remain independent! You just get a button to use your FB login for RAT, that's pretty much it, I think. And you may be able to post your own activity back to FB.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Ah, okay. And is an 'add me on facebook' button on account profiles here on RAT included?
ALA I BATAVORUM
It would be, but probably in v4...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I'm not happy with facebook. There's not been a single month over the past two, three years without news reports about copyrights infringements and/or privacy violations. I prefer Linked-in.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
If you don't have an account on FB, the poll question is, to be honest, moot.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I have a Facebook account as some of you might know, but actually I find Facebook not easy to handle. Here in Germany we have a social network platform like that which is much easier for computer dummies like me to use - it's called wer-kennt-wen.de That's why I prefer that everything concerning RAT should stay here on the forum.
Again, this would stay separate. Facebook connect only means that - IF you use FB - you can use your FB login on RAT, and you can perhaps post back your threads to your FB page. If you don't want that/don't have FB, nothing changes.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman officers in 'Only Connect' Carus Andiae 2 1,497 03-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Carus Andiae