Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ritterling
John,<br>
yes, it's almost incredible what a valuable source Ritterling's <i> legio</i> article still is for us and how much work he has put in it back in the second and third decade of the last century. I can imagine that over in the U.S. it can be difficult to locate a copy of the <i> Realencyclopädie</i> when you are not in the situation to have a good university or institute library nearby - and even if, often exactly the volume(s) with the <i> legio</i> article is/are the first to go...<br>
<br>
There's no complete version of it online (as far as I know, but I have searched intensively for it two or three years ago); Jasper only found out that here the German original of the part about leg. XX VV has been made available on a website.<br>
<br>
Around the end of last year, some of the RA.com staffers started to translate parts of the original with the aim to include it in the resources section there, but this I think was stopped when they realized that this congress report had appeared in 2000 - kind of an update of nearly all the legions on the basis of <i> "legio"</i> in the first volume and a second with contributions about "the legions in history". Most of the articles therein are in German, French and English but some also in Spanish and Italian. My recommendation: one <i> should</i> have this! Not so much German at least... - why only nobody of you folks wants to learn this great language?!<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/umagisternavis.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Magister Navis</A> at: 4/9/02 12:47:37 am<br></i>

Messages In This Thread
Ritterling - by Anonymous - 04-08-2002, 09:19 PM
Re: Ritterling - by Anonymous - 04-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Re: Ritterling - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 03:36 AM
Re: Ritterling - by Jasper Oorthuys - 04-09-2002, 04:36 AM
Re: Ritterling - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 11:04 AM
Re: Ritterling - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 11:37 AM
Re: Ritterling - by Jasper Oorthuys - 04-09-2002, 02:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ritterling on-line ? D B Campbell 5 2,050 07-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering