Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archeon in google streetview
For those of us who can't visit that much Roman themeparks accros Europe, it could be interesting that Google streetview has now photographed the Archeon Themepark (Alphen aan de Rijn, The Netherlands). In this park also some Roman buildings are recreated. Including the Thermae from Heerlen, (half of the) Amfitheathre from Nijmegen, a Taberna from Nijmegen, Fortress Wall based on Alphen and Valkenburg (Z.H.), a Temple and a house with shop. Enjoy.

[url:t85h3j7p]http://www.google.nl/intl/nl/help/maps/streetview/gallery/#utm_source=google&archeon-themapark[/url]

Seems these pictures are taken during an re-enactment event, as there are some tents.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:Seems these pictures are taken during an re-enactment event, as there are some tents.
I think it's the annual Viking weekend!

Still, there's one 'user image' from LRE II in 2006 Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
This feature must be retired inmediately for national security reasons: those violent-minded groups of barbarians may use this information to prepare an assault. :lol:

Quote:I think it's the annual Viking weekend!

Too late, it's already lost...I warned you Cry :wink:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legio XX and my house made Google Streetview richsc 1 1,003 04-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs