Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Legions Created in Color Photograghs Vol 2?
I was looking for Daniel Petersons book "The Roman Legions Created in Color Photograghs" and can only find a book with this title but subtitled Europa Militaria Special vol 2. Can anyone give me any info on this book. Does it contain the same information presented in the first book or is it made to ba a companion to the first book. I've heard many good things about the original and was wondering if I should keep looking for it. <p></p><i></i>
As far as I know that's the book you want. Europa Militaria is series of books for reenactors, running the range from Rome to modern days. Vol.1 might well be about something completely different.<br>
<br>
<p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes, it refers to the number in the series.....<br>
<br>
The first in the series is titled "The American Civil War Recreated in Colour Photographs"<br>
<br>
The second being Dan Peterson's book, the 3rd on Vietnam, etc..... their are 7 total books under the "Europa-Militaria Specials" series. But their normal series has a total of 20 (none of them Roman related).<br>
<br>
However, on the last page, Dan Peterson refers to a future sequel to this book with the subject of the Roman cavalry. To date, I believe that this book has not been published. I don't even know if they actually have things in the workings for the sequel or not. The Roman Legions book was originally printed in 1992 and it is now 2002, so.... we will see what happens...... Anyone got any inside info to the sequel ever being published?<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Quintus Peltrasius <p>don't they say that "those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." Interesting, if we don't learn the true history (or the little details therein), then..... what have we learned????
</p><i></i>
In case anyone is interested, Amazon.com has this book listed for 16.76 on sale. I just ordered mine. <p></p><i></i>
Too bad the cavalry book hasn't come out yet.<br>
I have Perterson's first book and like it very much.<br>
Anyone know if Perterson is still working on the cavalry volume or did he drop the project?<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/ugoffredo.showPublicProfile?language=EN>goffredo</A> at: 1/7/02 5:34:01 pm<br></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
To all interested:<br>
This will not be a small "volume 2" sequel to the first book, but a larger format hardcover book much like the Embleton "Medieval Solider" from the same publisher. All of the Roman Cavalry information planned for the softcover will be included here, as well as reconstructions of Rome's "enemies". There is still a short time for submissions of qualitity photographs of good, out of the ordinary reconstructions. All submissions included will be creditied, and all submissions returned. Diapositives (slides) stand best chance for inlcusion. Absolute, deadline in 28 February.<br>
<br>
PS. What is this Roman meeting in Mainz this February? This is only an hour and a half drive for me, so would try to attend. Dan Peterson <p></p><i></i>
Hi Dan,<br>
The Mainz-trip is a meeting of some of the RAT-regulars, gathering to check out the Mainz museums. Everyone is welcome, but sign up quickly as Jenny is making reservations soon. Check out the Mainz thread in Off-Topic.<br>
<p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
It's Great to see Mr. Peterson here on the board! I'm looking foreward to the new book! <p></p><i></i>
Since his first book is one of my most valued reconstruction resources ( good pictures ) I'm eager to see<br>
the next volume! <p></p><i></i>
Wonderful news! You've sold one copy, already! Where do I send the draft? <p>Salve,<br>
Triarius<br>
One of the pack, maybe. One of the herd, <i>NEVER!</I></p><i></i>
Avete,
I know that this topic is quite out of date ;-) ) As far as I could have noticed it is from 2002 but I would like to share my experience with this interesting publication.

It was my first book about Roman legionaries, warfare and equipment which I have ever read. I started with reenacting last september and I loved this book :-) the book was published in 1992 in English, Czech translation in 2007 ;-) )

I can recommend it warmly, especially for tirones - lots of nice pictures, armours, weapons, clothing, boots etc. Also the articles are written nicely and descriptions of equipment are understandable to begginers.

I recommend an English version to my friends, because of English language training :-) -) )
Radka Hlavacova A.K.A Titvs Iventivs Martivs
Tesserarivs Legio IIII FF
Castra Romana, Czech republic
"Concordia militvm"