Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franzoni, Habitus atque habitudo militis
Blimey! Since my Mainzian companions who urged me to get this book seem to be asleep, I'll post this as a seperate thread. Now who was interested? <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/ujasperoorthuys.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Jasper Oorthuys</A> at: 2/22/02 6:02:04 pm<br></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Salve,<br>
<br>
IIRC Luca was interested since it contained some Italian reliefs.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
It's "blimey," Jasper -- just ask a "Limey!" <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Wot? It's spelled correctly...well, at least now it is. Must have been too early this morning.<br>
<br>
Thank you teacher! <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Perhaps a Limey will explain the origin of "blimey".... <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Simple: 'blind me'<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop (a Limey) <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
The book is by Claudio Franzoni, title is "Habitus atque habitudo militis. Monumenti funerari di militari nella Cisalpina romana". ("Tombstones of soldiers from south of the Alps")<br>
Series: "Studia archaeologica" No. 45.<br>
Publisher: "L'erma" di Bretschneider, Rome, 1987.<br>
ISBN 88-7062-608-3.<br>
151 pp. + 36 tables. Cloth binding.<br>
<br>
If somebody finds it for a lot less than the more than the 70 Euros it is usually offered for (seems to be out of print), I WANT IT!<br>
<br>
Only monuments from the region between the Alps and the Appennin mountains included. The text is all Italian (help, Luca!) without any summary whatsoever; not all photos on the tables are good enough for looking at details and the collection seems incomplete, but there are a LOT of very interesting pieces among them, e. g. the representation of a <i> centurio</i> (augustan era or earlier) carrying his <i> pugio</i> horizontally and placed under the buckle of his <i> cingulum</i>.<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/umagisternavis.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Magister Navis</A> at: 2/23/02 5:31:43 pm<br></i>
I'm of course very interested in it, but I found for 123 Euros!!!<br>
WOW.<br>
I will let you know what I will decide about this big expense! <!-- <br>
<p></p><i></i>
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net