Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Hook has died
I found this: http://antoninuspius.blogspot.com/
** Vincula/Lucy **
And a good obituary from Osprey.

Ah, a very well-respected illustrator. He will be sorely missed by many. My sympathies to his family, friends and fans.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes, sad news indeed. Likewise my sympathies go to his family and friends

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:And a good obituary from Osprey.

Ah, a very well-respected illustrator.

And, I note, yet another contributor (along with the Embletons and McBride) to Look and Learn, one of the formative publications of my childhood (alongside Eagle, of course). In fact the first 'publication' I ever produced was in primary school and was a newspaper (called 'Everest' - I still have one somewhere) pinned onto the classroom notice board largely made up of chopped-up L&Ls and stuff I typed on an old manual typewriter. Great illustrators like this brightened my life as a kid to the point where I longed for each one to arrive; you can't say fairer than that.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
I was intrigued to see that Richard Hook was one of the illustrators for Look and Learn. Like Mike, I too was influenced from a young age by this seminal publication. Having just taken delivery of Osprey's Early Roman Armies and Armies of the Carthaginian Wars 265-146 BC, I see that he was the main illustrator there too. My sympathies to his family and friends: his skills will be greatly missed.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks