Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical difficulties with romanarmytalk.com
Hope this is an OK place to post this. I thought I'd mention it just in case any recent code changes have been made.

For several days I've had technical problems with romanarmytalk.com's login functionality. When I log in, my login id shows in the upper right bar under search, but after the redirect to the index page, the login process is reversed. Upon loading, the index again shows me as not logged in. Strangely, at the bottom of the page, RAT still shows me as being online, but the site treats me as if I'm a guest visitor.

I suspected something strange with the cookie was happening, so deleted them and emptied my cache. Reloading RAT anew, I can see the cookies getting created, and I can see that the cookie data gets rewritten upon login, but then the index page doesn't seem to recognize the cookie again.

BTW, this only seems to affect Safari 4 (on mac os x). The site behaves normally in Firefox.

Could be my system of course but I've been troubleshooting it for 2 days and haven't been able to correct the problem... any idea if this is happening to anybody else?

--Kelsey
Kelsey McLeod
Hi Kelsey,
I just tried logging in on Safari (OSX Leopard) and have no problem. Odd.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I also tried logging in with Safari 4 on Mac OS X without any problem.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks guys,

Beats me. I'm on Tiger (10.4.11) but that shouldn't be a problem since it was working fine up until a couple days ago. It happened once before, last summer, but the problem went away.

Mysterious!

--Kelsey
Kelsey McLeod
FYI - problem solved. I did some searches on phpbb3 problems and others have have experienced similar situations... turns out I had a totally unrelated plug-in installed which was somehow interfering with the .romanarmytalk forum cookie behavior. Ditched the plug-in (cooliris) and the problem has been resolved.
Thanks again.
--Kelsey
Kelsey McLeod

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Question Maria Iulia 3 1,454 03-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Maria Iulia