Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A book I found
Salvete;<br>
I was in Chapter's book store and found a book called Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome authors Lesley Adkins and Roy A. Adkins. I was wondering if any here have read it and their thoughts about is.<br>
<br>
Valete<br>
Tiberius<br>
Optio Legion XXI<br>
http://ca.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/legionxxirapax <p></p><i></i>
That's a pretty good book. It has a lot of entries on a variety of topics. They're not exceptionally detailed, but it is a good general reference volume. You might also look for another book by Adkins & Adkins, the "Dictionary of Roman Religion." THAT is an EXCELLENT book. Countless entries on a MYRIAD of gods, demigods, festivals, temples (including temple floorplans), statuary.....the list goes on. <p></p><i></i>
Thanks I seen that book there as well but only had $40 on me at the time and the other cost $35 with tax so will keep my eye open come payday.<br>
<br>
<br>
Tiberius <p></p><i></i>
I've had this book for awhile. It's a handy reference book to have on your shelf for those quick "look-ups" you have from time to time. Covers most all relevant areas of Roman society without going too deep. <p></p><i></i>
It might be of interest to you to check out the reviews on Amazon.com. Out of the three reviews posted, they all have five stars. From the review, it sounds like a good reference book. I'm probably going to purchase it myself. It does mention a few minor inconsistencies such as family relations and one major inconsistency such as the Nile river missing on a map on page 122. E EM Other then that, it seems to be a good handbook if those things can be overlooked.<br>
<br>
~Quintus <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Found a book review Vincula 0 821 07-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Vincula