Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladiator re-enactment from 1935!
Hello there!

This is the first time that I venture into the Roman part of the forum, but you have to see this! The narrator is hillarious, too Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=475GgHIle_s

I was surprised to see that some people actually attempted this sort of renactment back then, you learn things every day.
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
The last proverb is hilarious!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Definitely Big Grin
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
Unfortunately I couldn't manage it to turn up the volume so I couldn't understand the narrator. But viewing the thing wasn't actually that bad considering the age this was filmed. According to the knowledge about the gladiator types back than the kit looked pretty good.

On the other hand it reminded me of the training video my thraex and hoplomachus made when they trained in the backyard of the hoplomachus, and they just did it for training purposes to analyze their doing.
I think they are excellent! That has to be the earliest reenactment footage of gladiators, i guess. Only the narrator is making a parody out of it (and he is awesome Big Grin ).
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
LOL! Too funny!

Now someone needs to overdub that in the style of a 1940's Kentucky Derby announcer Big Grin
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Great footage!! Wonder who made the helmet ? Interesting to see the rim pass before the visor

Regards,
Maarten

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SPQR Tattoo and Gladiator Re enactment. Smithy 38 13,962 02-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar