Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Sumner and d\'Amato book
If anyone is interested, there's another review posted on the BMCR website.

http://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2010/2010-09-49.html
Raymond Ngoh
Never mind all that...

Oi, Sumner, answer the damned question? When's the next one due out? The interesting one?

:wink:
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Quote:Oi, Sumner, answer the damned question? When's the next one due out? The interesting one?

Cheers Matt! I have another illustration project which may be of even more interest to you to complete first. So at the moment I am scheduled to start on the illustrations for the second volume, which technically is part 3, early next year. Add about six months from delivery for publication, so a nice Christmas present might be in order.

Quote:a"pseudo-revisionist return to the sculpture inspired antiquarian way of envisioning the Roman Army" - love that phraseology!

Thanks Paul, I wonder if that will appear on the cover of future editions! :|

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:Despite all that, and having got over my first impressions of the book, I would recommend it, but only to those with a thorough grasp of the subject - worth having if only because it contains a good pictorial survey of much of the sculptural etc evidence.......
That was my impression also. Use it like Nicolle's Arms and Armour of the Crusading Era and ignore any subjective commentary.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Quote:Thanks Paul, I wonder if that will appear on the cover of future editions! :|

No, they'll probably run with '...inspired ... way of envisioning the Roman Army'...

We're talking publishers, after all ;-) )

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote: I have another illustration project which may be of even more interest to you to complete first.

and you think we will be able to sleep soundly when teased like this???????????????????????
Conal Moran

Do or do not, there is no try!
Yoda

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D´Amato-from Commodus to Constantine? F. MAXIMILIANVS ITALICVS 17 3,338 10-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Graham Sumner
  R. D\'Amato & A. Salimbeti, Bronze Age Warrior bachmat66 1 1,529 04-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Last Post: Matthew Amt
  TMP and d\'AMATO Theo 10 2,332 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Theo