Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rusell Robinson Book
I have had a tough time finding a copy of this book and when I do, it is outrageous as to what the asking price is.

Does anyone have a copy either on CD/ DVD/ PDF that I would be able to get a hold of.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
The book is still within copyright. You would need permission from the publisher before acquiring a CD/ DVD/ PDF copy of it. Either pay the price that is asked for the book or borrow it from a library.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Yes, I know Dan. I have gone to the library and it is only on reserve because it is out of print. The price here in the US on two sites that I checked was $270 not including taxes and shipping. For thr total price, I can get a piece of armor that I need.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
So? You should not be soliciting for illegal material on RAT. Save up for a used version of the book. That's what I did. Took six months of my book budget but it is worth having on the shelf.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
And keeping looking around is also worth the effort. I was lucky enough to found a copy for only 70 Euro, when the book was already 3 years on my wish-list... It only failed the dust-cover, but I was happy enough to have it without Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
Dan,

I understand what you are saying, but with all do respect, you really have to be anal retentive person to go ahead and turn a request on such an old book into "soliciting for illegal material on RAT". Is it because you had to save and and buy your copy that you cannot stand my request. You are not the only one that has to save to buy stuff in this hobby.

Paolo
Jurgen,

Granted. However, 70 Euro is not the price I quoted. I too have been looking for a few years now and it has not changed from the price I quoted. I have looked on amazon and in barnes & noble which is a book seller here in the States.

Paolo
If my request offends some of you, then I will pull my request and the thread can die or be shut down.

Paolo
Actually, Dan is quite correct- there is no ulterior motive; it isn't legal to copy entire texts and we certainly can't have requests for such things made using RAT.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!