Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New greek shoes after Hermes of Praxiteles, Olympia
While browsing the net today, I have found this company. There is only one interesting product for fans of Ancient Greece, but it looks good enough for me to mention it in here:

http://www.np-historicalshoes.com/vyrob ... =1&lang=en

Lets discuss what you think about them! Smile

This probably belongs to the marketplace forum, but since I have found it by chance and I am not the seller, I thought it would be more useful to discuss it here.
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
Wow, that's pretty darned close to what the sculpture looks like. I can see people wearing those to a Greek event for sure. :!:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
The only commercial candidate i guess,that is a bit accurate. I haven't seen anything else. I think it is pretty good,with no heel, no heel seam and sole cut in the toe outline. The quality looks good and i'd say re-enactors go for it. Of course DSC will be making a more "polemic" sandal in the near future,but diversity is something that greek re-enacting lacks.
It is a relatively late design,but it is true that similar sandals existed even in the archaic period.
Nice find Lysandros. Your sandals are also one of the best in the hobby :wink:
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Thank you Giannis, I like my sandals very much, too Smile They were made by the same guy who made my leather spolas. He has a lot of experience making roman caligae, so a slight deviation from his usual work was not so much of a problem. Now that I think about the price, it was somewhere around 100 Euro.
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile