Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don\'t get my pug started...
My muse whispers 'Photoshop'. She might be right if you look at the bottom pic and the shadows in the top one.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient WarfareĀ magazine
certainly photo shopped. Just look at the relative height of the 4 creatures. In the frontal picture the woman is bigger as the horse, where in that one from the back she can't look over the horses back, it seems. Same goes for the dog versus the man.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:Anyone seen these Mastino Napoletano pics alread?

WOW
[Image: Mastino_Napoletano_2.jpg]
[Image: Mastino_Napoletano_1.jpg]
Wow! That's quite a sturdy mount. I'd love to throw on a bridle and go for a ride. In the meantime, could someone do me a favor and distract the horse, the dog, and her boyfriend? :wink: :o
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Abso-bloody-lutely photoshopped! If any dog had been modified to that size, I think I would have heard on the veterinary grapevine - about the veterinarian who had been eaten alive. The real size dogs can weigh up to 65-75 kg + as it is, never mind what that thing weighs!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Certainly, none on the various breeders websites (That I briefly breezed through)are that big. You would think there would be a whole website dedicated to that dog and its family line alone.

Christian, the links say this photo appeared wit hno information, and only latter was the Hercules moniker added, which belongs to another dog entirely....and English Mastiff I believe
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
No, not photoshopped, according to GuinessĀ“ Book of records the largest dog in the world, named Hercules, weighs around 125 kg, and is 97.sthg cm high at the shoulder... ^^
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Yes, well, errmm. Look at the man. Unless he's very short, which he's clearly not, compared to the horse and the woman, then that dog is about 1.3m tall! Its head reaches to his armpit. Its head looks larger than a lion's!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

www.benkane.net
97, sthg cm at the SHOULDER... ^^
Christian K.

Well, if it is real, I don't ever want to see it coming in the door of my surgery. We don't deal with animals which should be in a zoo! :roll:

www.benkane.net
Then there is also THIS....
Christian K.

Well, I'm not surprised. The figures for the horse are correct, in other words, about the same as a cow - and there's no dog that's half that size. In my nearly 20 years of weighing animals, I have learned how to fairly well 'guesstimate' their weights, and the thing in that photo looks far more than 100, or even 125 kgs. Now I'm going to have nightmares about the damn thing needing to be stitched up or something... Confusedhock:

www.benkane.net