That last QPQ question almost killed me! EM<br>
So now I have to ask....<br>
What are some good reads on Roman artifacts and just basic<br>
archeological discoveries?<br>
<br>
Thanks!<br>
<br>
~Quintus <p></p><i></i>
I found the answer to that one scarily quick, Greece and Rome at War, Conolly. <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
Ave!<br>
Yup, Connolly is definitely a good start, cuz he does a good overview and gives the background you'll need. For more of the "raw data", however, you'll want Bishop and Coulston's "Roman Military Equipment" (out of print but a new edition in the works); Journal of Roman Military Equipment Studies, available from David Brown Book Co. (which reminds me, Volume 10 should be out--I have to order it today!); and various excavation reports, often available from David Brown.<br>
<br>
See the Legio XX Bibliography for other ideas, and URLs for David Brown, etc.:<br>
<br>
www.larp.com/legioxx/bibliog.html<br>
<br>
Some of this stuff is a real eye-opener, like the Republican weapons in Volume 8 of JRMES. Have your family members each get you a volume of it for Christmas!<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Matthew/Quintus <p></p><i></i>
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Ave!<br>
<br>
Funny you should mention Connolly......<br>
That's actually where I ended up finding my answer! So I think I'll have to agree that Connolly is definitely up there.<br>
<br>
Bishop and Coulsten...hmmm.....I'll have to check them out!<br>
Would it happen to be Jim Bishop?<br>
<br>
And Brown I'll be looking at that too!<br>
Thanks guys,<br>
<br>
~Quintus<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Nope, that's actually Mike Bishop of RAT-fame! A local hero, so to speak <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Ah, I see Jasper!<br>
*yawn* <br>
Just got back from a Twila Paris concert and I'm beat.<br>
Great concert, but now it's bed time.<br>
11:40 is kinda late for me EM<br>
<br>
~Quintus <p></p><i></i>