Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midas\' Touch
The perils of having too much gold are illustrated in this article - the difference with Midas and Goldfinger being that this time, the story's true.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
One more reason to stay away from Goldschläger.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Huh, she had thinning hair and was losing strength in her bones at the young age of 66?? It even says she looked about 30 when she was 60. Some of us should be so lucky. Or maybe we should be drinking gold! (Hey, 50 or 60 years of drinking coffee will kill you, too...)

It IS a fascinating look at the fashions of the times, though!

Matthew
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Say ...

Didn't Marcus Crassus die of Gold Poisoning from drinking too much of it? So to speak ...

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Didn't Marcus Crassus die of Gold Poisoning from drinking too much of it? So to speak ... :wink:
Like so many bank CEO's, Crassus overdid it a bit... :mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Indeed so! Smile

Crassus lived by one dictum: You can never have too much.

Funny how some things never seem to go out of fashion ...

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
There is something remarkable about gold. When I'm in a museum, looking at the coins, I always find the gold pieces most beautiful. Perhaps because they allow finer artwork? Or just auri sacra fames?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hmmm, she was a hottie looking at the statue of her as Artemis.
There was a popular liquer that had little flakes of gold in it.....potential for a lawsuit from the sounds of it!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel