Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gallic D reconstruction
Again, this must be the best looking gallic helmet I have seen so far, it encloses the face just perfectly. When you sell it Jurjen just let me know :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Jyrki,

I too have a Gallic D. If you look on one of the last 5 pages of the impressions, I have it on with my musculata. It is true, the helmet protects the face more than any other after it in the Gallic nomenclature. The Gallic C is another that is just as protective at least from the looks of it.

Somehow I do not think that Jurjen will part with his helmet. As another fan of this particular model, its just too awesome to let go. The only way I would sell mine is if I became insane all of sudden and completely would lose sense or reality.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
In fact I will have a gallic C helmet from White Rose Armoury soon Big Grin !!!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
A favorite of mine for the very same reason. Unfortunately, the deepeeka one has too shallow a bowl and too short cheek pieces. Not something I usually have a problem with.
I have been eyeing E. Konigs for some time. I have something else in mind first though.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hey Bryon,

Sent a PM.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gallic C, a reconstruction M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER 19 3,750 12-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  reconstruction of Gallic G helmet Manius Acilius Italicus 26 6,087 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Manius Acilius Italicus
  New Imperial Gallic D Reconstruction Doc 29 6,768 11-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Dean Cunningham metalsmit