Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Novels: Scarrow and Maddox Roberts
I've just ordered Simon Scarrow's second novel and John Maddox Roberts sixth, and wondered if anyone else has had a chance to read / review them? Roberts' books one and two were just reissued, making them a lot easier to get than chancing it on Half.com, and I really like his characters, even if they are more mystery than army. <p>Aulus<br>
Legio XX
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Just finished Robert's 'No one loves a Centurion" and I found it to be a good addition to the collection. Number six in a series, our hero is just joining Julius Caesar as he is beginning his manuvering against the Helvetians. I think the book set in Alexandria to be my favorite, but this is worth the read.<br>
<br>
For some reason, it appears Maddox Roberts publishes in Germany first, and is up to volumne 9 in the series? I wonder if anyone can peruse amazon.co.de and double check that.<br>
<br>
I've just finished Scarrow's "Eagles Conquest" which follows our heros of the second Augusta into Britain with the invasion. Great action, characterizations are fun and lively, a really dastardly villain, and a twist at the end. I think even better than the first volume. Only available from UK book sellers it appears.<br>
<p>Aulus<br>
Legio XX
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=richsc>RichSC</A> at: 10/5/01 2:56:16 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Maddox Roberts "Princess and the Pirates (SPQR IX) Caius Fabius 6 1,997 11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Last Post: rkmvca1
  SPQR IX: Princess & the Pirates/ J. Maddox Roberts richsc 1 1,153 05-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Caius Fabius
  The Seven Hills by John Maddox Roberts Caius Fabius 3 1,762 03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Caius Fabius