Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmets for the Trajanic legionary...
Salve!
We are in the process of starting a Trajanic Legionary reenactment group here in the currently frozen north. I have read backwards and forwards about helmet types, and i have a vague grasp of things, but frankly it's a bit of a minefield! If we have, shall we say, not yet taken part in the Dacian campiagns,( if this makes any difference) which helmets can we use ?
According to one article i read, Coolus helmets were not in use by the end of 1C, but i heard somewhere else that the Coolus G (Drusenheim) was a late 1C helmet ( at least it was being sold as such). What's the concensus of opion on that?
Adrian Petersson
Legio I Minervia pF
"i may not agree with what you say, sir, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"
This has been answered many times before... do a search fo 'Trajanic helmet'(s).. :wink:
Hehe...thought it might have been, but i am new to this forum malarkey. Cheers, ade. Loved the budget Tekije terminals, btw.
"i may not agree with what you say, sir, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Painted legionary helmets? Tarbicus 85 19,970 03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Sulla
  Trajanic frieze Goffredo 21 4,692 10-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Last Post: TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS