Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provocator Helmet
[attachment=1:1w9t5xxh]<!-- ia1 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 001.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:1w9t5xxh][attachment=0:1w9t5xxh]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 002.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1w9t5xxh]
These are all out of sync
Plume holders
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Dying aint much of a living.
[attachment=1:mvh3jwey]<!-- ia1 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 003.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:mvh3jwey][attachment=0:mvh3jwey]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 004.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:mvh3jwey]
Struggling to devise template for visor
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=1:wqf8kfcs]<!-- ia1 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 005.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:wqf8kfcs][attachment=0:wqf8kfcs]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 006.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:wqf8kfcs]
After much soul searching and visions of having made a rod for my back I started beating out the cheek plates
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=1:34fhw2hz]<!-- ia1 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 007.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:34fhw2hz][attachment=1:34fhw2hz]<!-- ia1 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 007.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:34fhw2hz]
Dont ask how you got two shots of the same thing. Consider it a bonus :lol:
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=0:38m9cjjj]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 011.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:38m9cjjj]
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=1:3joz72p5]<!-- ia1 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 013.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:3joz72p5][attachment=0:3joz72p5]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 014.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:3joz72p5]
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=1:19kwop35]<!-- ia1 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 016.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:19kwop35][attachment=0:19kwop35]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 017.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:19kwop35]
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=0:34vpqgdb]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 018.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:34vpqgdb]
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=0:hmwc4tsq]<!-- ia0 contiuingbuild of provocator helmet 020.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:hmwc4tsq]
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=0:ofhsm6n3]<!-- ia0 provocator helmet build continued 005.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:ofhsm6n3]
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Which Deepeeka helmet did you use as a base? Also, the cheekplates look to be riveted together rigidly. Is that how you are doing it?
Pecunia non olet
Quote:Which Deepeeka helmet did you use as a base? Also, the cheekplates look to be riveted together rigidly. Is that how you are doing it?
Yes I was finding it too complicated. If you look at other repros they are fixed in the middle with a hinge at the top. most of the repros appear to be a variation. I have yet to mak a 3mm brow guard and the eye grills. The grills I will make of washers brazed together, i will try to copy the others i have seen.The black is 'Cure Rust' as it keeps getting a rust haze in my garage. I may make it all black by 'blueing'
Ill tell you one thing. It fits good. i have to pad it out inside yet. I think it will be ok. I have never attempted anything like this so it will be a one off. Smile
The bowl is from one of those 'trooper helmets. Its very heavy and a good guage. It was rusting away in the garage so it has been put to better use.
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Well, I have come to a grinding halt at the moment. Its freezing cold in the workshop and I have put the eyegrills and finishing on hold.
Furthermore, You know that feeling you get when you cant move in your workshop because you are falling over debris from past projects, Cant find tools???.. Yes Its time out for a major clean up. A Saturnalia 'spring clean'
Ill be back
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=0:3rfjc77c]<!-- ia0 provocator3 cearleon.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:3rfjc77c]
I found this on the Cearleon site. They gave me permission to post pictures on here. Which was nice,
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=0:1pk9z7uj]<!-- ia0 4938ed_lo provocarors 2cearleon.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1pk9z7uj]
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Provocator helmet Lusitano 12 6,116 06-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Last Post: michiann
  Famous helmet from a provocator ! Caivs Molinarivs Blandvs 16 6,886 11-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  provocator \'bell\' helmet? Pictus 7 3,265 08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Last Post: michiann