Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provocator Helmet
ThanKs Olaf. we have a Secutors helmet in the group a very nice one and as suspected the provocators is going to be a similar design....... Cry right pig to open and close

I have stripped the shell and will be doing some welding. But.. I have work to do for the group.I have to service/repair three gladii, Make one scabbard, Make up two pugios and scabbards and service a helmet which is in poor condition. Oh! and assemble and leather edge a std bearers shield. Apart from that everything is just peachy Big Grin
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Dying aint much of a living.
This is the easy bit. I have no welding equipment and have to rely on going to a friends workshop for things i need welding. The neck guard is riveted and fillet with lead. Im dreading the face guard Cry
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

What a pain I cant upload piccys file too big now what do I do???
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

post it on an image storage, like photobucket?
ALA I BATAVORUM
Or go to www.irfanview.com and download the image viewer/manipulator for free, and resize your photos.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
[attachment=1:1acqi7k7]<!-- ia1 100_0532.JPG<!-- ia1 [/attachment:1acqi7k7][attachment=0:1acqi7k7]<!-- ia0 100_0533.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1acqi7k7]

God its soooo easy with that system.
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

[attachment=0:1mdu3vg6]<!-- ia0 100_0534.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1mdu3vg6]

Im getting the hang of this now'

Right. Im going to have to cut bigger holes into the brow of the skull to accommodate the eye grills and at the same time leave 3.6 inches either side for the visors to tuck under...
No welding so far all rivetted and sealed with lead.
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

I could be a salesman for Irfan, except the software is free, and the commission would be zero. :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:I could be a salesman for Irfan, except the software is free, and the commission would be zero. :lol:
:wink:
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

so, thats a nice process. Looking good. Show us more as you progress!
ALA I BATAVORUM
You skipped the section on raising the bowl. Next helmet, could you show us that process step by step? :?:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Actualy as Mike used an old Deepeeka helmet as a base he dindt have to raise the bowl.
But I do admit it looks so well worked that you could get the impression that he did.
Looking forward to the the visor in place.
Olaf Küppers - Histotainment, Event und Promotion - Germany
Quote:You skipped the section on raising the bowl. Next helmet, could you show us that process step by step? :?:

If you want some basic tips and info on raising a bowl, I would suggest Brian Price - Techniques of medieval armour reproduction, which is an interested read for the (starting) armourer, anyway. Mentions almost everything from planning till polishing.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thank you, J.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Hi folks. I have had hassles up loading pictures. There are 21 photos on Face book showng the build to date. You can go into my albums for captions otherwise click on immages on 'Live feed'
Regards Mike
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Provocator helmet Lusitano 12 6,065 06-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Last Post: michiann
  Famous helmet from a provocator ! Caivs Molinarivs Blandvs 16 6,837 11-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  provocator \'bell\' helmet? Pictus 7 3,254 08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Last Post: michiann