Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audiobooks-anyone?
Hi there!

I have been listening recently some lectures about roman, byzantine and greek history from Audiobooks which I have downloaded to my mp3 player from TheTeachingCompany. Yesterday I went to a walk and listened for three hours very interesting lectures about the byzantine empire from Justinian to Heraclius and noticed that I had walked for 21 kilometres when I came home! I usually go jogging while listening but it is more easy to concentrate to lectures while walking fast. So my question is that has anyone else been listening these courses / lectures? I find them to be a real joy to listen although they are aimed to the more general audience...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Tried the Ancient Warfare podcasts yet? They don't run that long, but at 40-ish minutes each, they should keep you busy for a bit at least. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Tried the Ancient Warfare podcasts yet? They don't run that long, but at 40-ish minutes each, they should keep you busy for a bit at least. Big Grin

Thanks Jasper, I didn`t know about this possibility Big Grin !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Just for the record, walking fast is as strenuous as jogging, and less damaging to the ankles and knees. Fast, though, gotta get the heart rate up and sustain it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
It's apparently quite popular (older episodes have been downloaded 10,000+ times! Confusedhock: ). Find them at Thehistorynetwork.org or on iTunes.
Let me know what you think!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I listened to the Classical Greek History series while driving home to visit the folks. I would get another series - I learned a lot!
Cheryl Boeckmann
Quote:It's apparently quite popular (older episodes have been downloaded 10,000+ times! Confusedhock: ). Find them at Thehistorynetwork.org or on iTunes.
Let me know what you think!

Just listened for a couple of those PodCasts. Very interesting, recommended for all interested in ancient warfare! Some humour there too, thinking about sumerian donkey-chariots "speeding" after the fleeing enemy :wink: ! The only problem is that it makes you want to participate to the discussion, letting you mumbling alone in the dark :wink: ...

Ps. Jasper, you seem to be speaking perfect "american", may I ask where did you learn your english from?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Easy: live with an American.Big Grin Christy (Satsobek on here) and I have lived together for going on five years now.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys