Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muscled Cuirass- Prodromi Iron type & NEW Copper Alloy Type
@ everyone who wants to see Prodromi iron muscle thorax, you must visit the Archaeological museum of Igoumenitsa.

I will go there, first chance I get. Anyways back to Prodromi armor and the magnificent job that Matt has done.
Well done, Matt, truly amazing.

There is however something missing. When found, the Prodromi thorax had a companion all-iron cavalry kopis longsword.
Much like Iron muscle thorax, whose existence had been in doubt (just literary evidence which was dismissed of), even today there are actual people who believe that Hellenic horsemen in Classical and Hellenistic times in Greece and Orient used the short knife-like machaira/kopis/xiphos swords while on horseback. This cavalry kopis proves them wrong as the cavalry would need a sword with longer reach to get the job done.

[Image: PIC_2079.jpg]
the sword handle,
[Image: PIC_3200-1.jpg]
and also showing this,
[Image: PIC_3201.jpg]

as well as the business end of the long kopis sword.
[Image: PIC_3202.jpg]

This picture to show exactly how long the long kopis was, in relation to Prodromi muscle thorax. This would be great in measuring its exact dimensions. Unfortunately I don't have them.
[Image: PIC_3198-1.jpg]
this,
[Image: PIC_3199-1.jpg]

I don't know if you are feeling up to this Matt, but could you or maybe a swordsmith friend of yours make a replica of the Prodromi cavalry kopis?
I can promise you that not many have been done, not accurately that is. Especially this one, an all-iron specimen.
Kostas Papadopoulos
History fans like myself should keep these wise words in mind
When in doubt about sources, trustworthiness or what the writer of what you read about is really after, I \'d advise Ktesias test after that Münchhausen of ancient Greece.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Muscled Cuirass- Prodromi Iron type & NEW Copper Alloy Type - by keravnos - 02-01-2010, 09:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muscled Cuirass Matt Lukes 36 12,176 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Matt Lukes