Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes
Hi D B Campbell; thanks for your assistance Big Grin

Quote:You should first decide whether you would like to reconstruct a turf and timber fort or a stone-built fort. You can then select a suitable candidate (and I would be happy to assist in this).

This project can’t be too expensive, so I putted the stone-fort apart (although I still need documentation to compare the different types of forts and justify my option).
My idea was to build a timber fort with earth rampart. With time, all buildings would evolute from a timber to earth bricks with a timber structure. Are there any good excavations for this two type of forts?

Quote:I am not aware of any Roman forts in Portugal (though I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up), but there are examples in Spain to add to the usual British and German examples.
From what I’ve searched until now, there are some forts, but few or none are well documented. I’m still trying to find that ?

And thank you for that excellent reference jvrjenivs! I can’t believe I read so much and there was sutch a intresting book out there. I’ll try to aquire it right away
Best regrets; David

Messages In This Thread
Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Siege - 11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Re: Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Siege - 11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Re: Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Ross Cowan - 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Re: Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Ross Cowan - 02-26-2010, 09:13 AM