Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reeded brass
I have stripped down my pomeii gladii scabbard for tinning. Unfortunately I have slightly damaged the reeded brass strips that retain the rings.
I can make a reasonable job of making wider pieces but I cant make the narrower ones. Is there anywhere we can lay hands on this stuff??
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Dying aint much of a living.
Quote:I have stripped down my pomeii gladii scabbard for tinning. Unfortunately I have slightly damaged the reeded brass strips that retain the rings.
I can make a reasonable job of making wider pieces but I cant make the narrower ones. Is there anywhere we can lay hands on this stuff??

I bought some from these chaps. They don't normally sell the strip on it's own but once I explained what it was for they were very helpful. I had to order £25 worth.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Quote:
muskitear:1td18pzl Wrote:I have stripped down my pomeii gladii scabbard for tinning. Unfortunately I have slightly damaged the reeded brass strips that retain the rings.

I bought some from these chaps. They don't normally sell the strip on it's own but once I explained what it was for they were very helpful. I had to order £25 worth.
And how many hundred metres do you get for £25? Smile You forgot to ad the site address
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Dying aint much of a living.
It's embedded in the post...under 'these'....

£25 only got me about 5 feet I'm afraid. I asked a few places who the actual manufacturer is but it's an industry secret apparently. :roll:

I'll be making my own rolling set-up next year.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]