Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy of Robinson on the market
Even though I have a copy of Robinson I keep an ABEBOOKS want going on him. Here's a listing if anyone is interested. A bit pricey but it says it's mint. Has anyone seen that museum catalog before??<br>
<br>
<br>
Title: armour of imperial rome; Author: h russell robinson;<br>
<br>
Has been matched with the following book(s):<br>
<br>
1. The Armour of Imperial Rome by Robinson, H. Russell New York; 1975 Charles<br>
Scribner sons 10 1/4" X 13 3/4" - 200pp plus over 500 photos - a mint new copy -<br>
included ROMAN ARMOUR, an exhibition catalog, 1969, National Museum of Wales<br>
The price of the book is US$ 300.00 Postage extra<br>
Please reference the seller's book # 2878 when ordering.<br>
<br>
The seller is P.R. Jones, Bookseller<br>
750 James Lane , Versailles, KY, U.S.A., 40383.<br>
Ph: (859) 296-0090<br>
Terms of sale: no credit cards,personal check or money order only. Postage extra<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>Richard<br>
An enthusiast and scholar wannabe<b>
[email protected] </p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=richsc>RichSC</A> at: 5/26/01 4:17:30 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
OK, Abebooks turned up another copy of Robinson, but at $222!! Anyway, if you're really anxious, here's an opportunity.<br>
<br>
Title: armour of imperial rome; Author: h russell robinson;<br>
<br>
Has been matched with the following book(s):<br>
<br>
1. THE ARMOUR OF IMPERIAL ROME. by H. Russell Robinson. L: 1975 1st ed. 200p,<br>
numerous photos. Oversize. Brown cloth. A good hardcover copy, lacking the<br>
dustjacket. A scarce and detailed study. (Keywords: ROMAN ARMY)<br>
The price of the book is US$ 222.00 Visit our website at WWW.KUBIKBOOKS.COM to<br>
order with our secure server, for further information, a tutorial on how to read<br>
a book description, catalogues, and much more!<br>
Please reference the seller's book # 14023 when ordering.<br>
<br>
To order this book click here:<br>
dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/...i=69962176<br>
<br>
<br>
The seller is Kubik Fine Books ABAA<br>
3474 Clar Von Drive , Dayton, OH, U.S.A., 45430.<br>
Ph: 937-294-0253 Fax: 937-294-2690<br>
Terms of sale: S/H charges: $7 for 1st book or volume in a set, $1 for each<br>
additional. SHIPMENT IS BY UPS ONLY except deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, and<br>
APO/FPO addresses. A STREET ADDRESS IS REQUIRED. We cannot ship to post office<br>
boxes.<br>
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERIES: varies by country but generally at least $10 per book.<br>
We do NOT ship by surface mail, only by air mail.<br>
<br>
Please note that placing an order indicates full acceptance of our terms of<br>
sale. If you specify a shipping rate we do not support, your order will be<br>
shipped by the method of our choice and you are responsible for the cost<br>
thereof.<br>
<br>
We are full-service, full-time professional booksellers who offer quality books,<br>
service, and expertise. We are members of the ABAA and pledged to the highest<br>
standards of professional conduct. We guarantee our books and attempt to<br>
describe our books accurately using standard grading conditions as set forth in<br>
the trade.<br>
FINE: almost new with only slight wear. Neat names of previous owners are not<br>
indicated.<br>
VERY GOOD: light wear. No major defects or flaws.<br>
GOOD: the average used book showing signs of use and wear.<br>
DAMAGE IS ALWAYS NOTED. If the book has underlining, staining, severe soiling,<br>
etc, these will be so noted. If they are not noted, the book doesn't have them.<br>
However, the presence of bookplates and neat ownership signatures are not noted.<br>
The condition of the dustjacket is always noted when present. If the book is<br>
just described as cloth and the dustjacket condition is not noted, then no<br>
jacket is present. We do not specify if dustjackets have been price-clipped.<br>
All books are hardcovers unless noted otherwise by the terms "softcover",<br>
"paperback" or "wraps".<br>
<br>
PRICES ARE NET TO ALL AND NON-NEGOTIABLE.<br>
Payment by check/money order or by phone with a VISA, MASTERCARD, or DISCOVER.<br>
If paying by check, please email us confirmation that the check has been mailed.<br>
<br>
Orders may be placed on our secure server at www.kubikbooks.com <br>
Books are returnable within 10 days of receipt. Shipping and handling charges<br>
are non-refundable.<br>
Billing is available for ABAA-member firms or to those clients known to us.<br>
Office hours are 11am-5pm Eastern time weekdays.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=richsc>RichSC</A> at: 5/26/01 4:16:53 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
That's ridiculous!<br>
<br>
You know, we really ought to just sit on Mike Bishop until he agrees to revise and republish Robinson. The book is badly in need of revision, and the market's just desperate for a new edition. Anything to get more copies on the market, and they may as well be full of up-to-date info.<br>
<br>
Next time you see Dr. Bishop, sit on him! E EM (But explain why, of course)<br>
<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
saw a copy doing the rounds [for a couple of years now]- it was £130....last I saw it was £80 [I think]<br>
<br>
getting it republished was discussed elsewhere few months ago- the answer was, not very likely <br>
<p></p><i></i>