Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Warfare: Reader\'s questions Special?
Quote:
jvrjenivs:3cymyvrt Wrote:Yeah, count me in! And although I also like Matts idea, I don't think that would be duable, although I know there is some more experimental archeology going on by academic re-enactors. But again, short scientific based artickles 'for the re-enactor' would be interesting, but would also lower the interested, I think.

Why isn't it do-able Jurjen? Something official as a guide for reenactors that can span more than one group is definately required. Maybe not so much in Europe, where reenacting is more based on displays than actual living history, but definately in N. America. Besides, it can be an opportunity for the Academics to cross over that bridge, something that I think should happen much more often.

I was not saying that the subject isn't do-able, but I was just thinking the market for such an issue would be to small. As AW certainly has a broader market as purely re-enactors, I thought. Making such a specific special volume would dense your market. But as I tried to mention before I like the idea, there will be interesting stuff in such a special, for sure.

And yes, as you know I don't like the ideas of an ' offcial guide' as in my opinion that will make people lazy and stop researching for their own. And I also have to say I don't second your view about the gap between academics and re-enactors. It is still there, but it's getting smaller every day. Okay, most probably I'm more close to the source so to speak as you are, but at least here in Europe the re-enactors now starts to get credit slowly. And the certainly is because academics now start to see it isn't just about taking a kind of carnaval costume and play in it, but it involse proper reseach and reproduction work.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ancient Warfare: Reader\'s questions Special? - by Jvrjenivs - 11-06-2009, 07:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient-Warfare.com redesigned! Praefectusclassis 5 4,824 01-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  Ancient Warfare: Barcids at War Praefectusclassis 0 2,068 07-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  RAT - Ancient Warfare raffle Praefectusclassis 9 4,922 05-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis