Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Values: Bishop&Coulston
There must be quite a demand by collectors in addition to reenactors. If you were looking for this one Abebooks turned it up today.<br>
<br>
<br>
1. Roman Military Equipment from the Punic Wars to the Fall of Rome. by Bishop,<br>
M. C. and J. C. N. Coulston. London: B.T. Batsford, LTD., 1993. 1st edition.<br>
Very good hardcover in good dust jacket. Light wear to edges of the boards with<br>
heavy bumping to the heel of the spine and lighter bumping to the head of the<br>
spine. Dj is worn along edges with some minor tears, scratched and scuffed on<br>
covers with crease on front flap. 256 pages with illustrations, plates, appendix<br>
on legionary equipment, endnotes, bibliography, and index. A scholarly study of<br>
Roman military equipment, military technology, and the place of soldiers in<br>
Roman society. With chapters on the representational evidence, archaeological<br>
evidence, documentary evidence, Republican period, from Augustus to Hadrian, the<br>
Antonine revolution, the era of crisis, the Dominate, production and technology,<br>
and the study of military equipment. (Keywords: ROMAN HISTORY ANCIENT MILITARY<br>
ROME REPUBLIC EMPIRE PUNIC WARS FALL EQUIPMENT LEGIONS ARMY BOOKS)<br>
The price of the book is US$ 150.00<br>
Please reference the seller's book # 4d5287 when ordering.<br>
<br>
<br>
The seller is Motte & Bailey, Booksellers<br>
111 E. Ann Street , Ann Arbor, MI, U.S.A., 48104.<br>
Ph: 734-669-0451<br>
Terms of sale: Payment with order. Shipping costs are $5.50 per book plus $1.50<br>
for each additional book by priority mail. Books are sent by USPS mail and in<br>
boxes with protective packaging. <p>Richard<br>
An enthusiast and scholar wannabe<b>
[email protected] </p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Another reason to sit on Mike! E EM <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Bishop's book on the Gladius richsc 3 3,180 05-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: mcbishop
  forthcoming book by Mike Bishop: richsc 11 2,899 01-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Last Post: mcbishop
  Bishop & Coulston RME available! FlaviusCrispus 82 23,514 07-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Karolus