Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Years Asterix
[Image: asterix.jpg]
Today, Asterix celebrates his fiftieth birthday. If you can read Dutch, here is a brief interview on the subject. I was in Isfahan when I spoke to the journalist - a very strange experience, to be on the square of that city, discussing the incorrect armor of Asterix' adversaries.

And rest assured, I told the journalist that Asterix is NOT about ancient history, but should be read as comment on contemporary events. The example I mention is the story of the Iron Shield ("No one knows where Alesia is!"), a comment upon the French' denial that they had been defeated in WW2; it is no coincidence that the scene is in Vichy. I also remark that no one asks about the correctness of, for example, the comics of Bob and Bobette.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Funnily enough, my French boss loaned me a couple of the comics in English.
I need to return them, before they get damaged...... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ah, that's why Google had Asterix on its logo yesterday.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What -- Asterix A Sellout?! Say it ain\'t so Al Narukami 2 1,232 01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Narukami