Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chemical warfare in Dura Europos!?
Howdy rangers!

Just found this:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/ ... 2009-01-16

Simon James speculates about persians / sassanids using chemical warfare in Dura Europs. This is new to me, anyone out there who knows more about this?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
This is already posted some times. I'm sure there is more to find about it with the search engine. I think Jona Lendering even posted a link with pictures.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:This is already posted some times. I'm sure there is more to find about it with the search engine. I think Jona Lendering even posted a link with pictures.

Thanks Jürjen :oops: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Here for instance you can find more: link from old RAT. Seems the article with that picture is now available anymore.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote: anyone out there who knows more about this?
As Jurjen writes, this has been around for quite some time. Worse, when it resurfaced a year ago, it was already known for decades.

It is a remarkable piece of "phantom news", like this month's notice that Alexandria was founded on an earlier settlement, which I read two years ago as well, and was, back then, not really news either. A part of the explanation of "phanton news" may be that archaeologists seldom hesitate to release the same interesting press release twice (more publicity = more money), but that does not explain everything.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dura-Europos shield cover Dan Diffendale 19 8,785 06-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Dura-Europos painted wooden shield undergoes new analysis Gunthamund Hasding 0 1,647 11-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding
  Roman Chemical Warfare Titus Labienus 5 2,152 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Titus Labienus