Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iberian warriors slideshow
Hi guys!

This is my life!
Take a look to this slideshow...
I know to the north of Pirenne it's not so usual to see pre-roman re-enactors from Spain, so I think these photos will like to you (I hope)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6EdEeQIcA
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
Very impressive! Thank you for the link.
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
Wow, you guys really look impressive 8) ... 5 stars from me
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
That's terrific!

I was very interested in the mix of how the warriors are portrayed. A lot more mail than English-language sources usually suggest, and more metal helmets.

Gorgeous shields as well - and more of the larger scutum style than the small round caetra.

Any good references that those of us who don't know much about the subject (that's me) can refer to?
Yes these guys and woman do look realy good! I am impressed.
Offcourse the effects in the photo's do add a lot, but the eguipment and clothing itself looks also good!
It's all pretty much within the period...

I 'd like to see more!
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC
Hi!
Tahnk you for your comments!

In fact, the warrios that wear a chain mail or montefortino helmets are Iberian warriors with captured roman equipment... it's the Second Punic War!
Iberian warriors did not used Lorica Hamata til the roman arrrived the Iberian Peninsula, to the end of III cent. BC.
The best source to know the Iberian and Celt- iberian military equipment is F. Quesada "El Armamento ibérico. Estudio tipológico, geográfico, funcional, social y simbólico de las armas en la Cultura Ibérica" (The Iberian weaponry. Typological, geographical, functional, social and symbolic study of the weapons in the Iberian Culture); ed. Monique Mergoil, Montagnac, 1997. You can also find some stuff in Gladius ( http://gladius.revistas.csic.es/index.php/gladius ), a review from the spanish CSIC (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas) with papers in english, spanish and french. References in english are not too much... unfortunately

I hope I can show you more photographs soon!

Best Regards
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA