Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share your Celtic/Germanic/and other artwork
This winter I will start with an old hobby again. Making paintings with real paint and brusses and such... (instead of photoshopping)

The subject will be Iron age people and their surroundings. The idea is to make the pictures as realistic as I can, with lots of detail and texture and offcourse as authentic as I can get them...

In preparion of these I do use the good old computer for making the sketches compositions using several different picture I take myself and some pictures I may use of other people and sourses...

So here are the first digital sketches...

[Image: claire03.jpg]
La Tene II Iron age settlement and people...

[Image: in-de-boot-03kopiekleiner.jpg]
First century Gallo-Roman people hitchhiking on a roman gargo ship.
If you think about dutch people and the world of let's say 100 AD then there's no way you can get around their use of waterways..
With this one I am not jet satisfide, it needs more work and resurche to be done on the ropes and such, I might ad some iron rings like those I discovered on a dutch reconstruction of the same kind of roman vessel. And I need to figure out a more realistic way of portraying the water on the underside of the ship... Also there are some minor things that need to be altered like the schield against the tower. And finaly I would like to ad some (flying) waterbirds...

[Image: alesia01.jpg]
Oh and maybe this one will be a painting also, but then again, I don't like this guy in the middle... :wink:
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC
Yeah, I bet those other two guys agree with you!
He's hogging all the warm cloaks, and they are standing in tunics with a flock of birds and a storm coming! :|
Now, that's inconsiderate!! :roll: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Nice work on he sketches. We look forward to seeing your paintings. Limber up the brushes, and open the tubes of paint. Stretch and gesso the canvas! Brew a pot of spiced tea and get to work! :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
And yes, sorry. Very rude of me not to comment on the good quality of the images! :roll: :oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Brew a pot of spiced tea and get to work! :lol:

Thanks guys, only I would like to swich the tea for coffee if you don't mind... Smile
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  celtic/germanic bags/pouches Andy 5 2,876 10-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Last Post: authun