Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Section- Greek Reenactment & Reconstruction
Greetings all- we have a new section for our ever-growing contingent of Greek enthusiasts- they've long had one in the research arena for Greek archaeology and history, but now there's a dedicated reenactment and reconstruction section along side the Roman one!

Matt & Jasper
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:Greetings all- we have a new section for our ever-growing contingent of Greek enthusiasts- they've long had one in the research arena for Greek archaeology and history, but now there's a dedicated reenactment and reconstruction section along side the Roman one!

Matt & Jasper

Do you know of any existing ancient greek reinactment groups in the U.K?

because i am a member of the Wars of the Roses and Towton Battlefield reinactment societies and am also studying Archaeolgy at University.

However i have always been masivley interested in Ancient Greece since i wasa kid and my dad is from modern day Thespiae,so i am quite interested in the ancient conflicts and would like to join a reinactment group that cater towards this,if you know of any please inform me.

many thanks Pons Aelius
Pons Aelius=Mr Jonathan Auty
Actually in the Greek R&R section would be the best place to get an answer I should think Big Grin
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Try the Hoplite Association. A very nice bunch of people.
www.hoplites.org or www.4hoplites.com

Regards
Phil Sidnell
I am in the formative stages of building linothorax
materials so far:
duckcloth
carpet glue
latex gloves
any tips?
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Add cardboard or heavy felt for your prototype model and a razor knife (or a rotary blade quilting cutter), along with a good cutting mat and lots of pins to hold things together as you make assemblies. One large box of patience.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Already did the cardboard thing and thought I would need patience. As far as cutting goes I like to make things simple so I am gluing the entire piece of fabric in segments of 3 then letting it dry ( about 2 days ) then cutting with regular scissors then gluing the cut sections together. Makes construction streamlined and punching holes and cutting alot easier. The 3 layers also work well for many other projects like, "strap pads for shields, arrow quivers, sheaths for knives, swords and spears, and belt pouches". Leather is expensive nowadays and harder to come by. Where I am located at the closest Tandy leather store is 120 miles away, but Wal-Mart is only 3 miles away.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Hey guys i am about to embark on the recreation of a Thespian Hoplites complete set of equipment!

Any informationon the Thespian Army or what it wore or any pics would be greatly received!

also any advice on how to make iit as well
Pons Aelius=Mr Jonathan Auty