Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing tablets revisited
Just to prove what goes around comes around, we are all familiar with tombstones where soldiers indicate clerical duties by showing sets of writing tablets. It seems they may be making a come back. And if they can't do it, they might.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
man...those new tablets are so Sci-Fi, it's astonishing the technology we're coming up with

but, yeah it does also have a "the more things change, the more they stay the same" feel to them as well.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
LOL I love it- first scale armour, now wax tablets (sans wax). I guess you could throw caligae in there after last year- I think I'd draw the line at wearing a tunica in public (save when portraying a Roman of course Wink )
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Well, anyone in my city wearing a late Roman tunica may make think a lot of people you're moorish, specially if a pileus is used :lol: . No problem with the toga, the closest thing here it's the attire of the Saharaui women, but those are multicolour.
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Finally, a useful gadget!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:LOL I love it- first scale armour, now wax tablets (sans wax). I guess you could throw caligae in there after last year

[Image: shoes_iaec1107091.jpg]

Think about it :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Always knew there was a good reason for wearing trainers.....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel