Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I keep getting Webpage has expired
Hi,

I’ve searched around but can’t find any answers.

Most of the time, not always, when I read a post then go back a page, I get "webpage has expired" then I have to hit refresh, then hit retry.

I this normal for everyone?

Is it part of security to stop spammers?

I’m logged on and it still happens. Is there a setting I can do to stop it. It becomes a real pain if I’m doing a lot of searching.

Thanks for any info.

Steve
Steve
Hi Steve,
That usually means you're trying to go back to a page that was the result of a 'form'. If you were doing a search using the search function and then browsed to one of the results, the page with the search results will have expired: it's not permanent. My advice if you want to check a lot of the search results, right click / ctrl-click the results so that they open in a new tab or window. That way you can keep the original search results page open.
Hope that helps
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Jasper

Thanks for answering. Actually I’m not using the “search”, I’m just browsing in the forum (Doing my search there). Take your reply for example. I went to off-topic, clicked on the post “I keep getting webpage has expired”, read your reply, then clicked on the back page from internet explore 7, and I get Webpage has expired. I have to either click on refresh, then retry or go down to the bottom of the page and go back into the off-topic forum. This happens most of the time to all posts in the forum. Once I read something and want to go back, I get Webpage has expired.

Thanks again
Steve
I just reset the internet explorer settings incase that was causing it, but every page on the forum still times out for me.
Steve
Hi Steve
You got me stumped there. It sounds like there's something in your IE7 cache, but what I don't know. At least, as noone else has piped up, I assume it's not a forum problem. Did you try the old staple: flush your browser cache? (Delete Temporary Internet Files)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Just deleted everything from it. Set all security settings back to their default settings, and it still didn’t help. I’m probably one of the last that’s still using a dial-up.

It started shortly after the new look to RAT, I never mentioned it till now, I figured it would eventually be worked out. It doesn’t happen all the time, only about 95 percent. Is it possible that the hand shaking is set to high (too fast) for dial-up on your server and I’m timing out before my connection can respond? It only happens on this site.
Steve
It's unlikely caused by RAT. Probably the result of a corrupted windows registry. Just google the phrase "webpage has expired" and you'll find plenty of info.

maybe this article'll help you
http://www.articlesbase.com/data-recove ... 87304.html
the site features a free tool that is supposed to fix the error

also you could install and try another browser like firefox or opera.

hope this helps

EDIT: perhaps its already enough to update your software (Java, IE8, service packs) ... may be unrelated, but its a good idea anyway as using outdated software can produce strange side effects
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:It's unlikely caused by RAT. Probably the result of a corrupted windows registry. Just google the phrase "webpage has expired" and you'll find plenty of info.

Thanks for the input. I usually tell people not to use those registry fixers, they usually do more harm the good. Since I’m only getting this message on Rat and on no other site, and it’s not consistent, I don’t think it’s a registry problem. It might be a problem with my provider and dial-up, the way we handshake to the server, etc.

I can always click on “Return to---“ at the bottom of the page rather then back page.

Thanks again.
Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It\'s expired Jona Lendering 4 1,425 11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Last Post: A_Volpe