Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSR_Celebrations of the MMDCCLXIII ROMAE DIES NATALIS 2010
Salvete amici,

like every year (this is the ninth edition) the Gruppo Storico Romano is organizing in Rome the celebrations of the Anniversary of the Foundation of the Eternal City (2763 since Rome was born according to the classic historians) that will take place in April 2010.

The Celebrations will begin on Saturday April 17th (the schedule at this very moment is still to be confirmed).
The Events will reach it’s peek on Sunday18th with the spectacular Historical Parade, with the participation of more than 1.000 re-enactors coming from all over the world (last year we had 1.200 re-enactors attending the parade).

The Historical Parade will start from the Circus Maximus according to a scheme that will be communicated a few days in advance, the long procession will pass by the Marcellus Theatre, the Venetian square (in front of the Vittoriano), the Roman and the Imperial Forums, the Colosseum, to end, again inside the Circus Maximus, where all the Groups will be free to perform individually and where it will be delivered meal and beverages to all the participants by the GSR team.

The end of the celebration will be on Wednesday 21st, with the representation of the legendary foundation of the City (cured entirely by the GSR) that will take place again in the Circus Maximus.

Last year, for the first time we had a great support by the Mayor of the City of Rome who prized every Group before the start of the parade with a medal and the events organized by the GSR were enclosed in the official celebrations of the City Town Council.

Even for this year we will use the International Camping FABUOLUS and it's high standards bungalows http://www.camping.it/english/lazio/fabulous/ to host our guests.

The participation to the celebrations is absolutely free. The GSR that is the only in charge of the organization will offer to all the participants at least the accommodation in comfortable bungalows at the international camping FABULOUS the night between 17th and 18th, Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast at the restaurant of the camping plus meal and beverages at the Circus Maximus.

Moreover, the GSR, will provide with no extra charge a coach to deliver the participants (it will be necessary to book at the camp desk in advance) from the camping to the meeting point at the Circus Maximus after the breakfast and return after the Parade.

For the foreigner groups that come from outside Italy who will be able to present not less than 20 people for the Historical Parade the GSR will also provide a refund of part of the expenses (transporation) that the Group will face.

I am personally in charge of the organization of the Events. I did already send the invitation to apply using an official form to all the Re-enactment Groups world wide in considerable advance in order to give to who wish to participate the possibility to get organized for the celebrations here in Roma.
In case any of you did not receive the invitation to apply for his Group please contact me at the following e.mail address: [email protected] this new address replaces the old [email protected] )and it will be my pleasure to send it.

At your desposal for further information!

AVETE ATQVE VALETE,
Benedetto (M. Valerius Longinus Britannicus - Optio LEGXI CPF - COH I - Man I - Cent I)

GRVPPO STORICO ROMANO
Organization Office of the "Natale di Roma"
Responsible
Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... ef=profile
Ben
M. Val. Long. Brit.
Optio ad Spem Ordinis - LEGIO XI CPF - COH VI - MAN I - CENT I
Good luck, and here's hoping for a magnificent event. Be sure to keep everybody posted on progress.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Thank you,
we pray the gods to give us good weather days for the Celebrations!
VALE,
Ben
Ben
M. Val. Long. Brit.
Optio ad Spem Ordinis - LEGIO XI CPF - COH VI - MAN I - CENT I