Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ibheriu
Reminds me of Mark Twain's observation that "Middletown" is derived from "Moses" by the process of dropping the "oses" and adding the "iddletown."
Pecunia non olet
I have to admit this gets my vote as the most curious and abstractly obtuse thread to date. Harmless, but very strange, says I.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:I have to admit this gets my vote as the most curious and abstractly obtuse thread to date. Harmless, but very strange, says I.

From "Ethnology of the British Islands"
Nennius
“Several genealogies occur in Nennius; and it
often happens that genealogies are useful ele-
ments of criticism. British ethnology, however,
is not the department in which their value is
most conspicuous.

How far were the traditions of Nennius of any
worth! The following is a specimen of them.
"The Britons were named after Brutus; Brutus
was the son of Hisicion, Hisicion of Alanus, Al-
anus of Rea Silvia, Rea Silvia of Numa, Numa of
Pamphilus, Pamphilus of Aacanius, Aacanius of
-(Eneas, .^neas of Anchises, Anchisea of Tros, Tros
of Dardanus, the son of Flire, the son of Javan,
the son of Japhet. This Japhet had seven sons;
the first Gomer, from whom came the Gauls; the
second Magog, from whom came the Scythians
and Goths; the tliird Aialan, from whom came
the Medes ; the fourth Javan, whence the Greeks ;
the fifth Tubal, whence the Hebrews ; the sixth
Mesech, whence the Cappadociana ; the seventh
Troias, whence the Tbraciana. Theae are the eons
of Japhet, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech. “

In another section.
“ The taefali were maybe german. But, most probable Slavs”
Perhaps the Troll is Vort in gern after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastings

The coat of arms seems vaguely familiar. Most interesting is the speculation of a “fort in land”
Drank from the spring flowing today as it did yesterday
Why waist any time with faces of Eris?
The rebirth of Algea happens not in discussions but in rumble… Turning; revolutions.
I inspire myself in the poems of love; loving perfect kisses… incredible kisses
So I leave you with your progeny: Ignavia, Otia and Silentia.
Manuel.
Here's a cool thought/idea:

Stop posting your junk here. Most of us deal with enough people at work who spew forth gibberish. The last thing we need or want is to indulge in it here.

So you have two choices.

One. If english is not your first language and require help posting here (your posts to date have rambled and are quite incoherent at times), then send your post to a moderator first and we will help you with grammar and spelling. Regardless, your posts should be meaningful and what the common person would consider to be a good use of time.

Two. You can leave. On your own or with help from the moderator staff. Continue as you are and eventually the total sum of your contribution here will remain at zero, aside from annoying the other members.

Your choice.

Legion: TBD
Quote:Stop posting your junk here.
That's unusually harsh, but I agree. I have tried to make sense of the postings, even trying to fill a logical ellipse. I am normally not against explaining things quietly; popularizing means bringing people up to a certain level, not simplifying things. But this time, I have the impression it's a waste of time. "Recondicom" might have asked questions; instead, his postings really looked like a bot imitating human language. If so, it passed the Turing test; if he's human, he's beyond popularizing.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I have no problem understanding that… Perhaps a full front “I don’t like what you write” Finding a way to communicate is hard when the language becomes “harsh” … maybe I just LOL… and post what’s on the other side of the unreal which is (in most cases) the truth you don’t want to know. The authors that know of a little place called Albion may not be your cup of tea but, they are as reliable as any other. If the question is how reliable? I could add this: In the case of the taefali new theories are sprouting from the DNA (from 2005 on) results of the Slavic people. In the next decade most of your ‘ beliefs’ might be re-written. If your dislike runs deeper than disdain I could suggest a chill-pill, because that’s a real problem that sounds like sickness. If you are just amusing yourselves… carry on with your off-topic , vase-like/ want be experts of human nature.
The rebirth of Algea happens not in discussions but in rumble… Turning; revolutions.
Manuel.
If you were a guest in my house, would you talk to me that way? If not, why would you do the same thing here? If so, surely you must know you'd be unlikely to be invited for further conversation. We are all guests here in the "house" of the forum owner, so --
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:In the next decade most of your ‘ beliefs’ might be re-written.
That's part of historiography; we all know, over here, that yesterday's analysis is outdated today, and that today's analysis will be outdated tomorrow. So why do you start a topic using etymologies, a type of argument that was outdated a century ago? If you have new evidence - and you mention DNA - why don't you start with it?
Quote:If your dislike runs deeper than disdain
That's a charge of a bad motive, an illicit appeal.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:
recondicom:31fnxjme Wrote:If your dislike runs deeper than disdain
That's a charge of a bad motive, an illicit appeal.

You…Like a good lawyer will say.
I can answer that my own way:
Your binary reasoning is out-date
For now we have the wheel and the gates
Binary no more… next step
The four which are: A; B; A and B; neither
By decay; by stress; by any of the lacks; by any of the forgets.
But of course. I’m taking the fifth.
Manuel.
Why does this thread even remain unlocked? Is there a point here? Is it going anywhere?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
Magnus:2yu0kfa3 Wrote:Stop posting your junk here.
That's unusually harsh, but I agree.

It's not harsh Jona, it just is what it is. Sugar coating things disguises intent, and may leave too much room for misinterpretation. I have found without a doubt that getting past people's self-importance usually requires the bare bones truth.

Quote:
Jona Lendering:ll9zcgab Wrote:
Magnus:ll9zcgab Wrote:Stop posting your junk here.
That's unusually harsh, but I agree.

It's not harsh Jona, it just is what it is. Sugar coating things disguises intent, and may leave too much room for misinterpretation. I have found without a doubt that getting past people's self-importance usually requires the bare bones truth.

Yes. Wise words. Self importance… Consciousness is a thought process, and it finds such wisdom past 70. But, look at your alter ego… the icon is not of a simple man but one who likes to tell another man what to do… Needs to tell tell another man what to do… has to tell another man what to do… means to tell another man what to do… Like Socrates said… Know thyself.
Manuel.
Sorry Architect. I have no alter-ego. I am who I am regardless of what uniform I put on. Sometimes the sheep need to be kept in line.