Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman v Persian Film Clip?
This:

[url:ke2e7iqr]http://www.pixomondo.com/web/showreel/index.htm[/url]

is the showreel for Pixomondo, a German special effects company, who worked on the recent 'Red Baron' movie. If you click on the 'Feature Films' link at the bottom you get some clips from that, of planes etc, then a few seconds of what looks like a battle between Romans and Persians (possibly)... Does anybody know where this comes from? None of the other info on the company mentions anything about it!

No comment on the accuracy of the portrayal :roll: - although, oddly, at one point they seem to be reenacting one of the Angus McBride plates from Osprey's 'Roman Imperial Legionary II' :o

- Nathan
Nathan Ross
Nathan,

Thanks for the Link -- this is an interesting site and the Dog Fight footage is impressive.

Yes, the Roman footage has no title or notations -- So I wrote them an E-mail and asked.

Here's their response:

Dear David,

thx for your interest. It was a project called Project "Love at War", Trailer for Arabian Film Festival.

Sincerely
Sonja

So there we go -- we now know the title but little else. Although I doubt we will ever see this in a feature film it may give us a hint of what to expect if / when the BBC/HBO get around to making a feature film of Rome. Maybe...

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Ah, good work! Thanks for that.

I thought the clip looked a bit 'sketchy' compared to their other work. Apparently, it's intended to portray the battle of Yarmuk! Confusedhock: :roll:

Ironic that one of the few times a halfway decent looking (with severe reservations) 1st/2nd century Roman army appears in a film, they're supposed to be 7th-century Byzantines...

Here's a more complete clip, demonstrating (yet again) that a cavalry charge against infantry causes them all to fall about like ninepins!

[url:2tv481uq]http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/almahabba_awards_love_at_war[/url]

:wink:
Nathan Ross