Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermopyleia 2009
Should be in the Events forum but here it is more likely to be seen by the interested ones.
Only today i heard on tv that there is a "Thermopyleia 2009" this year,in the 31 August! It is an official one,and the President of the Greek Republick will be there. I am not sure,but i assume this is the first year that this event is being organized and i think a very good opportunity for re-enactors to settle an event there and be approved by the general greek public.
Here's a pdf of the invitation i found on the interent(unfortunately only in Greek)
http://www.lamia-city.gr/media/files/Pr ... ia2009.pdf
In the invitation it says that there is going to be a torch race and a concert of Giannis Markopoulos. There will be an honoring of the Spartans and Thespians and historical reference read by a famous greek actor under the monument of Leonidas.
As far as i know,it's the first honoring event by the greek state about an ancient battle(?). Actually it is being organized by the municipality of Lamia,with the cooperation of Sparta and Thespiae.
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Quote:Should be in the Events forum but here it is more likely to be seen by the interested ones.
Exactly Giannis, so next time, best place a link here and the thread where it belongs.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)