Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Films you have seen alone in the cinema
Sometimes, happens. It can be disturbing, a joy (if you can scream when you want), or really depressing if you liked it.

I remeber happening me a couple of times:

Sabotage!: probably the worst ever film about Waterloo. Don´t ask.

The Russian Ark: a impressive documentary on the Hermitage. Really, really, impressive (did I said it?). Sadly, on the small screen it can´t be so.

Dark Blue World: Czech pilots in the RAF. One of my favourite flying movies. Same as above.

How was your experience?
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
The last time I was at a Cinema alone it was to see "Gladiator" and it was just great to have horses galloping past me from behind "Fantastic"
It's strange how you don't get the same thing sitting at home watching the video, maybe it's my wife complaining about the damned noise !!
Brian Stobbs
The only time I remember being absolutely alone in a theater was for a viewing of "Johnny Mnemonic" in Frankfort, Kentucky. From the way the movie flopped, I probably represented the average ticket sale.
Pecunia non olet
I watched "Gladiator" alone and some of the Harry Potter movies. Here in Germany movies are usually dubbed but I wanted to watch them in the original (i.e. English) but my only friend who also likes to watch films in English did not have time and the movies run only for a short time in original version.
Also, (I forgot it, it was in original version) Looking for Richard, with Al Pacino as Richard the IIIrd. Not alone (strange film to go with ten years old) but with my mother (English teacher, that should explain a couple of things :roll: )
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
I think that the only film I've watched alone was Gilliam's "Brazil", which was a fantastic experience.

Because most people are annoying, chattering, farting, sweet-packet rustling cattle.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
The most memorable was Schindler's List. It was playing at a little Draught House Cinema (a renovated small town theater where they also serve wine, beer, pizza, etc..). None of my friends were around so I went alone. That probably wasn't the best idea given the dark theme of the movie. Luckily, as I was leaving I ran into a friend who was out on a date. He's a funky Jimmy Buffet kind of character. When he saw the mood I was in, he insisted that there was no way they were letting me go home alone. They dragged me out to a blues club and we ended partying long after closing time. It got my head back on straight, but to this day the sight of a little girl in a pink dress makes me sad.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Hmmmmm, I've seen many films alone....so Thaaaaaaats whats wrong with me! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More films with Romans to come Arthes 45 6,616 11-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Last Post: andym
  Some films of interest..... Arthes 1 1,089 10-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Marcus F.