Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cult leader spin on history
My roommate is head over heals for a political activist Lyndon Larouche, cult leader extraordinaire. Larouche had a live web seminar in Virginia over the weekend so I tagged along with my roommate just to get a look see.

During his disertation he began talking about the concept of empire. He stated that during the second triumvirate Augustus made a pact with Mithraic magi on the island of Capri to oust Antony and Cleopatra. Larouche said that Rome was not the de facto ruler of the empire but was more of a front to the behind-the-scenes conglomerate powers of the middle east, Egypt and Rome itself.

Below I have quoted from various sites some more details concerning his distorted theory that he poses as fact.

"Specifically, as I have emphasized above, this has been the characteristic of anti-Semitism to the present day, since no later than the founding of the Roman Empire by Octavian, later named Augustus, through negotiations with the priests of the cult of Mithra on the Isle of Capri. Those negotiations concluded a phase of a process of evolution of Roman policy, a policy which had been set into motion during the Second Punic War and the ensuing Roman conquest of Syracuse."

http://larouchepac.com/pages/writings_f ... enment.htm

"The most powerful form of this Satanic cult then, was the Syrian Magicians' cult of Mithra, which had been established as the leading cult of the Roman imperial legions, through an agreement reached between Augustus and Syrian magicians at the Isle of Capri."

http://www.lyndonlarouchewatch.org/laro ... enberg.htm
Michael Paglia
"So, you see then what the issues are. The issues are between the cult of Delphi, which is the author of the Peloponnesian War, the orchestration of all of these kinds of things, a center of the monetarist system of that time, which had ordered a coup d'état in Italy, and played the thing—to what purpose? And had played the thing because, at that time, the empire of the Mediterranean had three locations: the Middle East, as they call it; Egypt; and Italy. And it was getting no place in getting the empire. So they pulled the Caesar, and Caesar wars business, until they got the cult of Mithra, priests on the Isle of Capri, to make a deal with the guy who became Augustus Caesar. And this organized the three parts of the Mediterranean into one empire, the Roman Empire."

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data ... 1246921417
Michael Paglia
All this presented without a shred of real evidence, no doubt, as usual.
The guy sounds like a nutter.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Isn't he one of those loons that think that the world is governed by a race of giant space lizards, led by the British Royal family? :lol:
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Yeah, that's the first thing I always say when something strange pops up: "Source?"

In a related quote:
Quote:Oh no: aliens, bioduplication, nude conspiracies. Oh my God! Lyndon LaRouche was right!

Homer Simpson
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
He believes the British crown is behind all evils in the world. They were behind the assassinations of Lincoln, the Archduke, McKinley, and JFK. They control an international drug trade. Basically he purports that they are genocidalists who are trying to bring the world under their control into some type of feudal society. They are going to dumb people down by the flow of narcotics and restrict the amount of livable space through environmental laws which sets large areas off limits to people. What I found is that he blames the British crown for all of America's problems so as to make the country appear infallible.
Michael Paglia
Quote:He believes the British crown is behind all evils in the world. They were behind the assassinations of Lincoln, the Archduke, McKinley, and JFK. They control an international drug trade. Basically he purports that they are genocidalists who are trying to bring the world under their control into some type of feudal society. They are going to dumb people down by the flow of narcotics and restrict the amount of livable space through environmental laws which sets large areas off limits to people. .

And I'm not saying he's wrong...it's the bit about the lizards that I have a problem with.
:wink:
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

Quote:
Casmin:11hcydrl Wrote:He believes the British crown is behind all evils in the world. They were behind the assassinations of Lincoln, the Archduke, McKinley, and JFK. They control an international drug trade. Basically he purports that they are genocidalists who are trying to bring the world under their control into some type of feudal society. They are going to dumb people down by the flow of narcotics and restrict the amount of livable space through environmental laws which sets large areas off limits to people. .

And I'm not saying he's wrong...it's the bit about the lizards that I have a problem with.
:wink:

Agreed, the Space Lizards are here on a strictly diplomatic mission and do not wish to influence policy in the least.
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
LaRouche is just one in a long line of conspiracy theorists who believe that there are no mass movements or historical trends, but rather that all is controlled by a secret, shadowy cabal. That he, Lyndon LaRouche, is privy to this arcane knowledge is proof that he is uniquely qualified to lead. Incidentally, he believes that the Mafia is part of the great international Jewish conspiracy, which I am sure is news to the Sicilians. Only conspiracies are real, and all conspiracies are connected, no matter how far back you go. And the conspirators are infallible. Everything always works out exactly as they want. All evidence to the contrary is of course manufactured by the conspirators themselves to mislead us. That's why we need a clear-sighted leader like Lyndon LaRouche, who is apparently the only human being on Earth immune to their deceptive wiles. He hasn't yet explained why they haven't killed him. I mean, they're all-powerful and he must be a real pain in the butt. Doubtless it's all part of the conspiracy.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:LaRouche is just one in a long line of conspiracy theorists who believe that there are no mass movements or historical trends, but rather that all is controlled by a secret, shadowy cabal. That he, Lyndon LaRouche, is privy to this arcane knowledge is proof that he is uniquely qualified to lead. Incidentally, he believes that the Mafia is part of the great international Jewish conspiracy, which I am sure is news to the Sicilians. Only conspiracies are real, and all conspiracies are connected, no matter how far back you go. And the conspirators are infallible. Everything always works out exactly as they want. All evidence to the contrary is of course manufactured by the conspirators themselves to mislead us. That's why we need a clear-sighted leader like Lyndon LaRouche, who is apparently the only human being on Earth immune to their deceptive wiles. He hasn't yet explained why they haven't killed him. I mean, they're all-powerful and he must be a real pain in the butt. Doubtless it's all part of the conspiracy.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Big Grin My roommate has become quite condescending as of late. He'll bring up one of Larouche's theories, let's say about Augustus making a pact with the magi, and when I disagree my roommate will say "Well you wouldn't know about this stuff...it's not something you read in books." I try to avoid these arguments at all costs because he takes my refutations very personally. Such theories are easy for someone like my roommate to believe when he has, in fact, never read a book about ancient Rome. I think that is a major factor in Larouche being impressionable. The average person does not have the time or will to study ancient history and as a result Larouche's theories seem plausible.
Michael Paglia
There's a movie out there tailor-made for your roommate, called Zeitgeist. Plenty of exciting theories, and the filmmakers don't let any of that pesky "empirical evidence" nonsense stand in the way.

A guy named Matt Taibbi actually wrote a good book on this phenomenon called The Great Derangement; the theme being that when conventional wisdom confuses people, they turn to crazy, implausible theories like LaRouche's to explain the world. The truth is becoming less and less relevant.
Ave Fratres,

I thought Lyndon Larouche was still in jail. He was put away for tax evasion and conspiracy a while ago. Sorry to see that he is out and about and trashing our field with his wacko theories. I have heard folks from the states talk about his tax policies and governing theories and always thought that they were more than two sandwiches short of a picnic. Besides , other than not having women involved, I never thought that the Mithras cult was that bad, male bonding , brotherhood, resurrection , worked well for the army. Too bad we don't have a functioning Mithras cult anymore, we could probably put old Lyndon up on Libel and Character Defamation charges.

The real problem with nutcases like this is that some folks believe them ,.......and as certain folks in the 1930s found out , if you tell the same lie often enough it eventually has the sound of "truth". I hope Brother Lyndon has a short stay of freedom before he is institutionalized again.

Regards from the Balkans, Arminius Primus aka Al

PS: Met lots of folks from the UK and my old office got a commendation from the Queen , but I never got to meet any of the Space Lizards. Cry
ARMINIVS PRIMVS

MACEDONICA PRIMA

aka ( Al Fuerst)

FESTINA LENTE
Quote: My roommate has become quite condescending as of late. He'll bring up one of Larouche's theories, let's say about Augustus making a pact with the magi, and when I disagree my roommate will say "Well you wouldn't know about this stuff...it's not something you read in books." I try to avoid these arguments at all costs because he takes my refutations very personally. Such theories are easy for someone like my roommate to believe when he has, in fact, never read a book about ancient Rome.

Smother him in his sleep and then take the head. It's the only way to be sure.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

Could it be there is a good reason you don't "read this stuff in books"? Like, perhaps, nobody writes it because it's just not true? (Not that books are not written devoid of truth, but -- )
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Could it be there is a good reason you don't "read this stuff in books"? Like, perhaps, nobody writes it because it's just not true? (Not that books are not written devoid of truth, but -- )

Well as someone put quite eloquently before, Larouche makes it seem as though only he is clever enough to put the puzzle together or have the clairvoyance to see through the bullcrap of "mainstream" history books. I thought to myself, well if you can't find this stuff in books...where the heck do you get your info from? A time machine?

He distorts history in order to show some type of precedent for his modern interpretations of the world. For instance, when explaining modern day "Imperial" Britain he would say something to the effect of "This all started 2500 years ago with the Peloponnesian War blah blah blah." Which brings up another thing. Of course the past explains who we are today but you have to draw the line somewhere. I'm not going to blame Alcibiades alliance with Sparta as the reason I don't drive a Ferrari today.
Michael Paglia

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isis cult Marcus Mummius 3 1,420 12-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Susanna