Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recreating Greek Equipment
Gentlemen,
Mostly a question about style. I usually post about kit I'm building on the Greek Military History and Archaeology forum. It was recently pointed out to me that there's a separate heading for "Reenactment and Reconstruction" but all the posts there are Roman in nature, and my recent post on a rebuilt Parazonium tends to indicate that that's a "Roman" thread.
Should I be posting Greek kit on that forum?
Qui plus fait, miex vault.
I was wondering about the same thing. It seems to me that the greek part of the community sticks to research forums where we have a dedicated section. I have posted my thread about the greek bireme into the reenactment and reconstruction thread and most of the responses were from "romans", most of the greek replys came when I informed them where ive put the thread Smile
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
I agree. Jasper, could we have a "Greek Recreation and Reconstruction" Thread?
Hmmmm, i thought there was....I always read the greek section too. Guess I wasn't paying attention.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Jasper, could we have a "Greek Recreation and Reconstruction" Thread?
Thread or forum?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hmm. I'm sure he meant "Forum", but being Greek, would that make it a "Phoros?":lol: "Phoron?"
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Agora?

Seriously, I am not trying to make waves. In fact, I'd like to see more information sharing with Roman reenactors--one of the reasons I joined this forum. On the other hand, it does seem to me that perhaps the Recreation forum needs to be split into Roman and Greek?
Hi Christian
Actually, we have discussed a new setup for the forum among moderators, but haven't decided on a better division of interests yet (and there are conceptual differences too...).
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine